Notices
Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Video - no option for me!

Old 03-13-2006, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video - no option for me!

Ok, on a serious note. I would NOT be interested in any video equipment in the car. Call me old fashioned, but video in a muscle car, I am NOT a fan.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Video - no option for me!

I wouldn't mind a small 7-9" general purpose LCD display for GPS/radio display/computer/engine monitoring/ etc. but certainly not for watching movies.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:27 AM

ORIGINAL: B00SS

Ok, on a serious note. I would NOT be interested in any video equipment in the car. Call me old fashioned, but video in a muscle car, I am NOT a fan.
Gotta agree.... I'll watch TV at home; & I don't need GPS- I can read a road map!
Old 03-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Administrator

i dont see the need for GPS, other than to have a "perfect" speedometer...i can also read a road map...i dont want any of this AV crap in my challenger..if i want people to notice my system, ill drive the stratus...
Old 03-22-2006, 04:43 PM

GPS is for the shall I say directionally impared or if you want the politically incorrect version,.......... never mind! Before any trip I go over the route on a current road map or the internet and commit it to memory that way I'm not fumbling with a map or having to stop to look, because once the trip has started it's gas and go usually for me.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

I have seen several systems that tie all of the different electronics into one display and means you only have to look at one screen. Now that being said, I read several replies having to do with GPS only. I am not sure how many of you have used GPS but while on travel in other cities, states, and countries but I have found it to be invaluable. I have a compass in my head but having to read maps in busy cities can be a pain. Mapquest works pretty well but just reading the directions. But I can tell you I have used GPS in Toronto, Washington DC - New York- Washington DC, Ohio to Illinois, Southern and Northern California. The version that works in the Hertz car rental with voice directions works fabulous as you just do what you are told and you never have to take your eye off the road
but the display is there for reference. If you miss an exit, it will automatically reroute you to get you back on track.

All that being said GPS is cool in the car but I plan on driving in my home state of Texas where I know where I am going.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:13 PM

Video, please...
Old 03-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Administrator

i suppose that if i still traveled for work, i woudl like GPS, as i spent a ton of time away from home, but now it would just be added cost...

when i leave for a trip of sorts, im at point A...and i have a point B...and i have an intended direction, but in many cases, i stray from the course.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:17 AM

[GPS voice] Go fast. Go straight. [/end GPS voice]

12 seconds later.

[GPS voice] You have arrived. [/end GPS voice]
Old 03-23-2006, 04:06 PM

HEHEHE! I like that reply!

Quick Reply: Video - no option for me!