Notices
Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Chrysler's new technology for 2009 includes UConnect SYNC-killer, in-car WiFi and a swivel screen

Old 04-14-2008, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler's new technology for 2009 includes UConnect SYNC-killer, in-car WiFi and a swivel screen

I don't know about you but they can keep all that crap it's just excess weight.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/14/c...t-sync-killer/
Old 04-14-2008, 02:06 PM

Default RE: Chrysler's new technology for 2009 includes UConnect SYNC-killer, in-car WiFi and a swivel screen

Would be nice to pick and choose which options you would be willing to make compromises for... but car makers market thier options in "option groups" making it seem like all or nothing choices. Would be so cool if they could option the cars like they did back in the day... single item options in a checklist.

I realize that is not an option nowdays, but would be cool just the same...
Old 05-13-2008, 05:10 PM

Default RE: Chrysler's new technology for 2009 includes UConnect SYNC-killer, in-car WiFi and a swivel screen

I don't understand all these gadgets. Anyone tell me which BASIC option I should do that would be your Stereo/CD player and ability to attach my Nano?? That's all this guy wants to do.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:23 PM

Default RE: Chrysler's new technology for 2009 includes UConnect SYNC-killer, in-car WiFi and a swivel scree

When I sold my mountain bike, I had $100 worth of accessories for it and nobody wanted to pay for them, so I kept all the accessories and just sold the bike. Seems like people usually don't want extras.

It sucks that Chrysler wants to pile on tons of gadgets but they don't want to give us the special colors we want, except in a few limited editions. I hate it when businesses insist on giving you crap you don't want but refuse to give you the things you do want. It just seems ridiculous that Chrysler wants to give us so many gadgets and safety features that nobody asked for but won't give us the paint colors we want, as if it is far too much trouble and expense. A bunch of unwanted things doesn't make up for not getting the thing I want.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: dodgebrothers

I don't understand all these gadgets. Anyone tell me which BASIC option I should do that would be your Stereo/CD player and ability to attach my Nano?? That's all this guy wants to do.
UConnect appears to be a fancy name for Bluetooth phone integration coupled with voice recognition technology.

That just means when you get phone calls on your bluetooth phone they come in on your sound system. You can also give commands about what you want it to do such as "ET phone home" or "change radio stations".

You PC can also access it's internal car network via the celluar network and surf the web and get emails while you drive. Now that is a scary thought. This as bad as putting on make up while you drive.

Officer this accident was caused because somebody cut me off while I was reading my email. How dare they?
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, sign me up for a one of those sexy female digitized voice as opposed to the dorky Hawking sounding ones for the voice reading my email. And hopefully Dragon Speak or Via Voice will be up to the task of responding w/o too many typos and not Type O's! or Thai-Pose!

Old 05-27-2008, 07:50 PM

Default RE: Chrysler's new technology for 2009 includes UConnect SYNC-killer, in-car WiFi and a swivel scree

i kinda like some of this stuff. maybe because i want my challenger for a dd and not a performance car. idk.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

W/ ya. If they're not going to offer a barebones econo-muscle version, then, by all means, throw more doo dads on it (or make them available at least). Get whatcha want and like whatcha git.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

I would love to have Cortana's voice. Does anybody know who she is?
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:54 PM

Thank Jeremiah.

But the only tooth I'm interested in are white ones...

...As for emails, don't plan to do any while banging gears. So, question remains, does my dang Nano work with this set up or not???

DB

Quick Reply: Chrysler's new technology for 2009 includes UConnect SYNC-killer, in-car WiFi and a swivel screen