Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Neons?

Old 04-24-2008, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neons?

Now its prolly a just me and my age group type of thing but would anyone consider putting neons under their challenger.....especially on the black.

Have a buddy who had a black Maverick, forget the year.....but he had some reall nice green neons on it before he slammed into a honda and tore it to pieces........the hond that is.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Neons?

Most of us guys that still own or have driven a 70s muscle car ( back in the 70s) don't really put neons under our cars. I think its a thing the younger guys do. We were just the opposite... we did'nt want the attention But times have changed and so have the ideas of modding a car. I don't really like the neons, but I'm 48 and I'm just too old to understand But its your ride and do what you want. I have 2 boys and they are in their early 20s. The youngest had neons under his Eclipse and attracted a lot of unwanted attention. He now owns a 350Z and I know of no neons under that car. But I'll give him a few more months and who knows
Old 04-25-2008, 07:19 AM

NO WAY, I'm only 25 and there is no way in the world I would put neons of any kind on that car. Leave the neons for the civics and such. Think of 2 fast 2 furious and the challenger / camaro race, how crapy would either of thoes old muscle cars looked with neons.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:39 AM

I'm in my Mid 20's and I would never put Neons on a Challenger... Or any muscle car for that matter. Leave Neons to the Ricers.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:28 AM

Neon's can be cool for a show car. If you're building a show/cruiser type, go for it if it makes you happy. Obviously if you're going hardcore performance or stealthy, it's right out.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:58 PM

Agreed. I'm 22 and wouldn't put those on a car. Especially not a challenger. The only place I'd even consider any lighting is inside the car. I think it might be the new cts that has a cool ambient glow thing going.

I also don't like gigantic rims, huge spoilers, or those awful word decals on the windshield. About the only gaudy thing I like is a bit of chrome here and there but that's more of a 70s thing I think.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:22 PM

Im honestly on the fence with the neons thing.......but i totally agree with you on the huge rims and spoilers, just looks stupid.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Putting a neon on a Challenger is like a water and oil. They just don't mix well.

A Challenger looking like a ricer is pudding a bad taste on the road. Sorry that was a bad play on words.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Well RichNC, I'm 23 and I have never liked neons on any cars as I think it looks strange. I will admit when I was younger, I thought it was kind of neat, but I grew tired of it after a while. One problem with this stuff is my brother once got pulled over for just having neon like lights for screws on his license plate holder. When you have things like this done to your car, it captures the police's attention like sugar to ants as well as captures the attention of trouble makers like raw meat to a pack of wolves. My viewpoint is those lights are a substitute for having a powerful engine and since you will already have a powerful engine you don't need it. If you feel the need to get attention, mash the throttle.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 05-07-2008, 05:08 PM

Crap, I'm fourteen and I hate 'em. Although i did make ricer challenger in Need for Speed Carbon. I named it "The Ghetto Challenger". It was ugly.