Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...
View Poll Results: A poll
to drive up the price
12.50%
they don't know the price
12.50%
there ignorant
12.50%
waiting for Camaro "buzz"
25.00%
all of the above
37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think dodge is keeping pricing a secert?

Old 05-12-2008, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you think dodge is keeping pricing a secert?

I'm honestly starting to think their leaving us in the dark to somehow drive up the price. What do you fellas really think? You can poll it or not I really don't care.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:03 PM

Default RE: Do you think dodge is keeping pricing a secert?

I think maybe they just haven't decided for sure what the pricing is or something innocuous like that.
If they want higher prices they can just raise the prices.
They don't have a reason to rush to release the prices and they're taking their time.
It's only the customers that are eager to know the prices.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:16 PM

Since apparently they've started taking 09 preorders, by not releasing the price the people who will buy one no matter what can get their order in. With so many economic factors going back and forth right now they are probably playing it safe. By waiting until a month or so before the cars go mainstream and start hitting lots they can get the perfect price out. If gas gets crazy high they may reduce the price. If they set a price now and then start having problems selling them they'll have to tack on rebates, which don't look so good when they're on what's supposed to be a "hot new car".

The amount of people begging for a price (us) is nothing in comparison for the market for this car.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:23 PM

I sure would like to think it's all just production delays. I see nothing good to come from this as far as Dodge goes. Even the dealers who waited on the 2008's to sell them have been screwed by the 2009 order date. The 2008's will always be the first year but putting out the 09's for order prior to the 08's being delivered can have no positive effect.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:26 PM

[:@] There going to need more then rebates if they keep ticking everyone off that has a car orderd .[sm=bangbang.gif]Whoevers brillant idea this was should be beat [sm=icon_beat.gif]Does dodge have a complaint board .[sm=icon_flaming.gif]
Old 05-13-2008, 01:53 AM

As the current owner of a 2005 Mustang GT I saw what dealers did to drive up prices with their dealer mark-ups. I feel Dodge is waiting to see what kind of interest these cars draw by the buying public to possibly get a peice of these dealer mark-ups by higher MSRP's placed on these cars. I for one would not pay over MSRP for any car and did not pay over that on my Mustang which I purchased in Nov. of 04. They have to be careful how far they go especially in these days of ever rising gas prices. When the over MSRP buyers dry up they don't want to be stuck with cars that should burn even higher priced premium fuel that are priced to high for the average guy that wants to own a piece of the new musclecar revolution. The problem is all these people who have money to burn are hurting the little guy in every aspect of life. I believe Dodge has done a terrific job in recreating a legend as well as Ford did with the Mustang and I might even see one in my future depending on price and economic conditions. All I say is Dodge remember the little guy their the ones that made this country strong. I'm posting a pic of my current piece of the new musclecar era who knows maybe in another year or so it might say Hemi R/T on it. Good Luck to all who want a piece of the new MUSCLECAR REVOLUTION.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1395/408C792DA65740DF848F0F716B4921BD.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-13-2008, 02:50 AM

I think they have not released the price because they know this is a car that will problably never have a rebate. Therefore they must price the car in that sweet spot between Mustang and
Camaro which allows good profit for Chrysler and the dealer. The Charger gets dinged in reports for price, we all know there are rebates and discounts that lower that but the press does not publish average purchase price. I cetainly hope they don't price the 09 SRT's lower than the 08's. That would be piss in the corn flakes.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:27 AM

I think a lot of it is for competition reasons. Why give your competitors a target to shoot at well in advance? Chevy and Ford are probably at least as eager as we are to know the prices.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

I agree Thor. I think they're going to wait until they amass an inventory; then let release the numbers and watch the sparks fly.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:23 AM

I have been checking on the prices of the Mustang recently. An '07 GT convertible can be bought for WELL UNDER 30K. I have seen ALOT of prices in the 22K - 26K range. Of course, you would not be the 1st owner, but you won't be 'saddled' with a $600+/month payment for the next 5-6 years. A smaller price to pay for this much fun...

Quick Reply: Do you think dodge is keeping pricing a secert?