Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Front License Plate

Old 05-21-2008, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front License Plate

Any thoughts on mounting a front license plate?
Old 05-21-2008, 12:23 PM

Default RE: Front License Plate

NY requires a front plate.
With that said, my wife's Charger R/T didn't have a frame/bracket on the front bumper when we took delivery, and I have no intention of drilling into the nose to install one on her Charger R/T ........ or on my SRT Challenger.

My wife was "informed" by a NY State Trooper at a "checkpoint" that the front plate was missing. She told the Trooper it was never on the car - there's no frame installed for it. The vehicle was delivered to us by a NY dealership registered with DMV to do inspections, and the car passed their inspection as it sits, as well as a subsequent one from another registered inspection station. She also mentioned (my) working relationship with the State Troopers, mentioned the names of a few of the Troopers I work with regularly, and said they stated they wouldn't "give her a hard time" for a missing plate. This Trooper said he would ticket her if her saw the car without it again.........That was almost two years ago.

I have no intention of mounting the front license plate or having the frame installed at the dealership when it arrives. I'll risk the ticket to keep the car the looking the way it was intended to look.......without a front plate.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:44 PM

BootCamp, you truly are a man of strong convictions -- unfortunately, those convictions can get you convicted!

Being a law-abiding citizen of the Republic of Tex... er.... STATE of Texas, I'll have my front license plate properly mounted, thank you very much.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

BootCamp, you truly are a man of strong convictions -- unfortunately, those convictions can get you convicted!

Being a law-abiding citizen of the Republic of Tex... er.... STATE of Texas, I'll have my front license plate properly mounted, thank you very much.
As a fellow Texan, I have been stopped before for no front plate. I guess I have 3 weeks to decide.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:24 AM

Don't have to worry about that here in Alabama.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:02 PM

My dealer tells me they will be required to drill holes in the front bumper to mount the license plate mounting bracket. I told him I would request no such holes be drilled in the bumper or any other place prior to my approval. He agreed.

I will be happy to find my own way to mount a plate if I so desire. I will likely explore my options after I get the car opting to either go without and take the risk of being ticketed, or fabricate a bracket of my own non-invasive design...
Old 05-23-2008, 11:41 PM

As an owner of a car it’s important to have a front license plate bracket. I have read in an automotive site such as automotive journal about the importance of a license plate bracket in our vehicle.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Robert

As an owner of a car it’s important to have a front license plate bracket. I have read in an automotive site such as automotive journal about the importance of a license plate bracket in our vehicle.
huh??
Old 05-24-2008, 05:40 AM

Here in the Valley of The Sun (AZ) None required, none desired..
Old 05-24-2008, 07:09 AM

Required, but I have NO intentions of doing. If pushed, I believe some strong velcro strips will do the trick for me.

Quick Reply: Front License Plate