Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

New Challenger Production Announcement Tommorrow?!?!...

Old 06-29-2006, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Challenger Production Announcement Tommorrow?!?!...

Normally I would just link to the Allpar thread that "fast98dodge" posted this article in, apparently from the Wall Street Journal website, but Allpar requires a login to read posts now... soooooo...

From Allpar thread, and apparently from the WSJ...

DODGE CHALLENGER GETS GREEN LIGHT FOR PRODUCTION

Tomorrow, Chrysler is expected to announce at a Nascar race in Daytona Beach, Fla., that it will produce a new V8-powered Dodge Challenger coupe styled after the 1970s muscle car of the same name, people familiar with the company's plans said. Although the car won't arrive in dealerships until next year, it will be featured in summer promotions that Chrysler hopes will pull customers into showrooms, these people said.

The announcement of the Challenger launch, which has been eagerly awaited by fans of the original muscle car, was moved forward by several months in hopes that it would create some buzz for Chrysler, these people said. Chrysler has struggled to separate itself from the negative news overshadowing its two ailing Detroit rivals, General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co.

The launch highlights some development and manufacturing advantages that have emerged for Chrysler recently. As part of its restructuring a few years ago, the car maker overhauled the way it designs and manufactures cars to cut time and cost.

The Challenger will be the fourth vehicle produced from the same components used to make Chrylser's hot-selling 300 sedan. While the first vehicle cost $1 billion or more to develop, the others each cost about a third of that, auto experts estimate. Chrysler will reap other savings because it will build all four of the cars on one production line at a plant in Brampton, Ontario.

Reusing parts also cut the time it takes to develop the car. Chrysler first showed a Challenger concept last January. At the same time, GM presented a concept for its own muscle car, a new Camaro, but that car is still at least two years from production.
I have been trying to get independent confirmation... no luck so far. Does anyone know if this is true, or if it is a hoax...??? [sm=drooldude.gif][sm=drooldude.gif][sm=drooldude.gif]

XS
Old 06-29-2006, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: New Challenger Production Announcement Tommorrow?!?!...

Welcome back.

I hope you are right but we will see soon enough. Cross your fingers.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

I found this but it could be speculation on which model they are talking about:

Chrysler plans to unveil an employee-pricing discount plan for consumers and the release of a new model in a bid to spur sales. 7:56 p.m.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Welcome back.

I hope you are right but we will see soon enough. Cross your fingers.
Thanks Jeremiah 29:11, I think the announcement will be made... but it looks like "tommorrow" means Saturday, here is a thread with another source:

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/in...?topic=22569.0

XS
Old 06-29-2006, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

Interesting. Where on Allpar did you find this xs29j8? BTW, nice to have you back.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-29-2006, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

Well it looks like it is official.

Chrysler to announce plans for new Challenger-WSJ
Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:10 AM ET

NEW YORK, June 29 (Reuters) - The Chrysler division of DaimlerChrysler AG <DCXGn.DE> is expected to announce on Friday a new Dodge Challenger coupe styled and named after the automaker's 1970s muscle car, The Wall Street Journal said.

The V8-powered Challenger won't be sold until next year, but Chrysler will promote the car this summer to try to pull customers into showrooms, the newspaper said, citing people familiar with the company's plans.

Chrysler's announcement of the new Challenger tommorow at a Nascar race in Daytona Beach, Florida, was moved forward by several months in hopes it will create some buzz for the automaker, the newspaper's sources said.

Chrysler also is expected to unveil details an employee-pricing discount plan for consumers in a campaign that will feature DaimlerChrysler Chairman Dieter Zetsche, the Journal said.

Zetsche discussed the campaign with reporters on Tuesday. The new incentive blitz will cut pricing for a limited time to a level company employees normally pay for most Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles, dealers in the know told the Journal.

Customers will be offered interest-free loans of up to 36 months and a guarantee that
Old 06-29-2006, 11:41 PM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Interesting. Where on Allpar did you find this xs29j8? BTW, nice to have you back.

Thanks RLSH700... never really left, just went into "lurk" mode... did not seem to be any "news" for a while!

The Allpar thread is in the "News & Rumors" forum:

http://www.allpar.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=79537

XS
Old 06-29-2006, 11:48 PM

Awesome news...

Old 06-29-2006, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: xs29j8

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Thanks RLSH700... never really left, just went into "lurk" mode... did not seem to be any "news" for a while!

The Allpar thread is in the "News & Rumors" forum:

http://www.allpar.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=79537

XS
Your welcome, I know how that goes. I was like that for a while. We've been trying to make the site more fun by discussing things besides the Challenger since there hasn't been too much news, feel free to contribute to the off topic section.

Keep checking the site because Jeremiah keeps us updated on the latest stuff.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

That's wonderful news Jeremiah. Thanks for finding that. BTW, how to you find all of these articles like this?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: New Challenger Production Announcement Tommorrow?!?!...