Notices
Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Getting MyGig to play DVD while driving ?

Old 06-30-2008, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting MyGig to play DVD while driving ?

I know that the MyGig system will play a DVD while in park and then cuts out when you put it in drive but what if my wife wants to watch a movie while I drive ? Somebody knows how to do this I'm sure.

Who can point me in the right direction ? I manage a dealership and my service dept says they have no idea ?
Old 06-30-2008, 10:06 AM

Default RE: Getting MyGig to play DVD while driving ?

http://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG.htm

HUGE LIST OF STANDARD FEATURES ON THE MYGIG LOCKPICK v.2
WHY PAY TWICE AS MUCH FOR HALF THE FEATURES
GET IT ALL WITH THE MYGIG LOCKPICK v.2 DVD PLAY WHILE IN MOTION - AUTOMATICALLY

SAT TV ON FRONT SCREEN WHILE IN MOTION (IN EQUIPPED VEHICLES) - AUTOMATICALLY

NAVIGATION ADDRESS INPUT WHILE IN MOTION (IN EQUIPPED VEHICLES) - AUTOMATICALLY

UNLOCK EVEN DEALER BLOCKED VIDEO - EVEN IF YOUR VIDEO BUTTON IS NEVER VISIBLE THE LOCKPICK WILL EXPOSE AND UNBLOCK IT

TURN ON BACKUP REVERSE CAMERA INPUT FOR AFTERMARKET INSTALLATIONS

TURN ON FACTORY REVERSE CAMERA AT ANY TIME, EVEN IN DRIVE IF DESIRED

TURN ON A REAR SEAT BABY CAM AT ANY TIME

TURN ON A FRONT CAMERA AT ANY TIME

TURN ON A FRONT CAMERA AUTOMATICALLY BELOW 8MPH TO AID IN PARKING

TURN ON VES (REAR ENTERTAINMENT MODE) IN NON EQUIPPED VEHICLES - ENABLES A VIDEO AND AUDIO INPUT FOR YOUR IPOD, IPHONE, COMPUTER, OR VIDEO GAME

AUX INS UNLOCKED IN VES EQUIPPED VEHICLES WHILE IN DRIVE

UCONNECT AND VOICE RECOGNITION ENABLED ON NAV RADIOS - JUST ADD A MICROPHONE AND YOU ARE READY TO GO SEE MICROPHONE OPTION HERE

NO SWITCHES TO ADD - USES FACTORY RADIO BUTTONS

NO LOSS OF NAVIGATION USE WHILE UNLOCKED - VOICE COMMANDS AND MAP TRACKING UNAFFECTED - EVEN WHILE VIDEO IS VIEWED

ACC POWER OUTPUT PROVIDED FOR YOUR AFTERMARKET POWER NEEDS - TURNS OFF WHEN YOUR CAR TURNS OFF

CAMERAS POWERED AND CONTROLLED BY THE LOCKPICK - NO NEED FOR COMPLICATED WIRING OR EXTRA SWITCHES

NEW FUNCTIONS ADDED TO ALLOW SIMPLE CONNECTIONS OF AFTERMARKET BLUETOOTH KITS IN STANDARD NON NAV MYGIG RADIOS

PROGRAMMABLE DIP SWITCHES TO ENABLE OR TURN OFF SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS

NO CUT WIRES - 15 MINUTE INSTALL WITH PLUG AND PLAY FACTORY CONNECTORS

GREAT FOR LEASED CARS!!

WORKS WITH ALL MYGIG RADIOS IN ANY CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP INCLUDING MANUAL AND AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS - ADVANCED UNIVERSAL COMMUNICATIONS

Old 06-30-2008, 10:23 AM

I ordered the mygig lock pick from the link SF18C posted. I also got the back up cam so the wide pillers are no longer a problem....
Old 06-30-2008, 10:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

I ordered the mygig lock pick from the link SF18C posted. I also got the back up cam so the wide pillers are no longer a problem....
Cool, I'll wait until you get yours in and hooked up to see if I want it !

Keep me posted.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:15 AM

ORIGINAL: npeifer

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

Cool, I'll wait until you get yours in and hooked up to see if I want it !

Keep me posted.
+2

Write up a review with pictures when you have it set up.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:41 AM

Mine does not play even while in park, I get sound but no picture.
Do I need to go tot the dealer to have it enabled?
Thanks, Ed
Old 09-01-2008, 11:21 AM

I think you also have to have the parking brake on in order for the video to play. Try it again with the parking brake and see if that helps.

ORIGINAL: SRT8Challenger

Mine does not play even while in park, I get sound but no picture.
Do I need to go tot the dealer to have it enabled?
Thanks, Ed
Old 09-01-2008, 11:26 AM

Okay so I got paid on Thursday and was ready to drop the order for the LockPick. Well those A-holes won’t ship via the USPS to an APO address (the address they assign to mil/gov folks living overseas) and have terrible customer skills to boot!

This started out with I could not order it online because their system won’t take my address! So I call them Thursday and would you believe I got told, "We are busy right now and the Lock Pick sales man can't come to the phone" and then they HUNG UP on me! So I sent them and email asking how about to go ordering the thing and they never answered back. So I call them again on Friday, spoke to a guy, and his basic answer was, “We only ship with UPS. Sorry.”

Well screw those guys! I found a system that does the same thing plus it is has a USB port for upgrades and configuration; it’s called the ALLGIG-USB by NAV-TV! I got the same capabilities…NAV and DVD on the move, back up camera, voice activation and a disk with the latest MyGIG software and GraceNotes…all shipped to my APO address thru the UPSP. Yes I did pay a little more for the ALLGIG-USB but their service was so much better that I went with them! Yes I know I could have had the LockPick shipped to a friend in the USA and had them mail it to me, but you got to reward good service and not put up with the bad!

Oh by the way their system is cheaper that the LockPick until you add on the Camera! The freaking camera is what almost killed the deal but the guy on the phone took pity on me I guess and knocked it down a bit!!!

Their Link
http://www.navtv.com/index.php

The ALLGIG-USB
http://www.navtv.com/manuals/ALLGIG/AllGIG-USB.pdf
Old 09-01-2008, 12:22 PM

I'm sure there is a faster way to do this . If you live in ft lauderdale then you can go to the swap shop and they have done things like this for years I am not sure about unlocking the myguig tho. But i'm sure there is an easy fix.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:06 PM

I called Coastaltech and they overnighted me the MyGig unlck system, camera, and A/V in/out cables. I was on the road for a two week trip and had the stuff shipped to ana ddress in New Jersey. I was in Newport, RI the next night and the installation only took 15 mins. I can now use NAV while driving and even watch DVDs. This system is great and the Coastaltech has worked with me and provide whatever I needed. I hate that others have had trouble with the company, but I only wanted a product that worked and it sure does.
Cheers.

Quick Reply: Getting MyGig to play DVD while driving ?