Notices
Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going Forced Induction.

Mopar Supercharger coming in Nov

Old 08-04-2008, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mopar Supercharger coming in Nov

No I'm not, The kits will be intercoolered with air/water units for longevity and insurance in the heat.

As for the why S/C and not turbos, The way I would veiw it is they see a bigger potential market for the boosted Challenger customer rather than they did for the 300 series. I still believe the choice between S/C and turbos is made for packaging reasons.
ORIGINAL: npeifer

ORIGINAL: mjorgensen

The supercharger is generally chosen over a turbo on a V8 because of packaging constraints and or money. The turbo can make more power in general because it works off free power, no engine power used to run it so pound for pound the turbo makes more in the end. The supercharger is easier to install, may or may not need intercooling that is a must have in a turbo car so the plumbing is much simpler.

The 6.1L will only take 5.5 to 6 pounds of boost in stock form anyway so a turbo would seem to be overkill anyway for such a low number. The supercharger may not even NEED to have intercooling at these levels.

Hope this helped!

The
ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

So let me open up a can of worms.

Why a supercharger vs. a turbocharge specifically for the Challenger. What is it about the Challenger that the Supercharger is being offered.

I am more interested in the technical vs. the marketing reasons but I would love to hear both.

Hold on, you are offering a supercharger kit and have released an MSRP for a kit and you don't know for SURE if it NEEDS intercooling ?
Old 08-04-2008, 09:32 AM

I figured once the kit gets above 4-5 PSI that some kind of intercooling most likely water injection would be necessary. I wonder what Mopars kit will be like ?
Old 08-04-2008, 09:38 AM

Or are you with Mopar ? I'm a little confused.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:34 PM

No Iam NOT with Mopar, I'm just a lowly dealer Performance Manager with freinds in "other" arenas.
You will probably never see an add on S/C package that is dependant on a tank of spray water or methanol for obvious reasons.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:35 PM

These "added coolers" are just bandaids for poorly concieved systems and I would not put my faith in a small cheap pump used for these systems with a $15K motor.
ORIGINAL: mjorgensen

No Iam NOT with Mopar, I'm just a lowly dealer Performance Manager with freinds in "other" arenas.
You will probably never see an add on S/C package that is dependant on a tank of spray water or methanol for obvious reasons.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:46 PM

So your saying you won't need intercooling if the system is done right??? Would intercooling help avoid problems down the road, say several years???? In short if you paid top dollar for a premium S/C app. would it still be benificial to have some sort of cooling?? Or would that cause other problems??
Thanks...
Old 08-04-2008, 05:03 PM

What I'm saying is intercooling is a must for longevity and the factory or mopar would not offer it without or with a bandaid form of cooling.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:12 PM

Sorry to be a PITA Is it possible for you to list put your plusses compared to some other kits? This thread is bouncing around, and a lot of good questions are being assked but is difficult to follow. AS for myself Im stongly interested in a version of 09 5.7
Old 08-05-2008, 06:00 PM

Ok, Paxton Vortech blowers are great because the boost comes on like a turbo. This delivers smooth usable power that is not hard on the driveline. The low boost of 5 to 5 and a half will require cooling but there is not a lot of heat unless you are on it hard for extended lengths of times.
ORIGINAL: djb0308

Sorry to be a PITA Is it possible for you to list put your plusses compared to some other kits? This thread is bouncing around, and a lot of good questions are being assked but is difficult to follow. AS for myself Im stongly interested in a version of 09 5.7
Old 08-05-2008, 06:02 PM

Also Paxton Vortech have an impecable reputation and great customer service that is why I have stuck with them exclusively for the Vipers.

Quick Reply: Mopar Supercharger coming in Nov