Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Need honest opinion from other Challaholics!

Old 07-05-2008, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need honest opinion from other Challaholics!

I have been doing so well with my Challenger addiction, but I fear the following my be a small indication that I have fallen off the proverbial band wagon:

I was driving down the road in my Dakota minding my own business when a new challenger pulls up beside me. OK, at that point I believe I still had control.
I motioned for the driver to open the passenger side window, and said in my nicest tone “Nice car, when did you get it”, He replied “Thanks, I just got it on Thursday”

Now I’m sure you can all see he was just rubbing salt in my wounds with news like that! So, I asked “what is the last 6 of your vin” To make a long story short, It was a higher vin then mine!
I jumped out of my truck, ran over to his door and ripped him out of the car. Can you blame me? He started it… I was just going to get some glue! As I drove away I realized something….
All you owners were right on! It was well worth the wait.

Do I have deep seated issues? Perhaps, but I have a challenger covered with a tarp in my back yard… Can YOU say that?

Anyways... I just needed to know that we ALL agreed that bastard deserved it for teasing me like that!
Old 07-05-2008, 01:57 PM

Default RE: Need honest opinion from other Challaholics!

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge
I have been doing so well with my Challenger addiction, but I fear the following my be a small indication that I have fallen off the proverbial band wagon:
Ask yourself... was I ever solidly on the wagon... sounds like maybe you were trying to drive the truck...

I was driving down the road in my Dakota minding my own business when a new challenger pulls up beside me. OK, at that point I believe I still had control.
I motioned for the driver to open the passenger side window, and said in my nicest tone “Nice car, when did you get it”, He replied “Thanks, I just got it on Thursday”
The driver of the Challenger is obviously a troublemaker looking to pick a fight...

Now I’m sure you can all see he was just rubbing salt in my wounds with news like that! So, I asked “what is the last 6 of your vin” To make a long story short, It was a higher vin then mine!
I jumped out of my truck, ran over to his door and ripped him out of the car. Can you blame me? He started it… I was just going to get some glue! As I drove away I realized something….
It sounds like you considered your only two options and chose what seemed appropriate at the time... Id say you would have made a good decision with either choice... violence or glue, both equally effective.

All you owners were right on! It was well worth the wait.
Some of us wouldn't know... Dodge seems to HATE some of us...

Do I have deep seated issues? Perhaps, but I have a challenger covered with a tarp in my back yard… Can YOU say that?
Why... what kind of seats are in the Dakota... are they special or something?

Anyways... I just needed to know that we ALL agreed that bastard deserved it for teasing me like that!
Sounds like your judgement is spot on as I would have done exactly the same thing...

Glad to hear your getting better Andre... Keep up the good work... the fellowship would be proud!
Old 07-05-2008, 03:08 PM

It is OK Andre!

The longest journey starts with one step. So you are now back to step two in our 12 step process for curing your Cahllaholism.

Step one: Identify you have a problem. Check
Step two: Hide the body!
Step three: drive the chally until you get caught!
Old 07-05-2008, 03:48 PM

Where are the other 9 steps?

Learn to count my friend.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: tdub2112

Where are the other 9 steps?

Learn to count my friend.
Im guessing hes still working toward "drive the Challenger until you get caught"... but he doesnt have his Challenger yet...
Old 07-06-2008, 03:51 AM

I too am a Challenger holic. As if the literature collection list was not enough of a public cry for help, there is, although less known, a similar memorabilia list of press kits and giveaways and artwork.

I did not tell you about he classic 1970 Challenger stuff in the collection as well. I have drawn the line though...no more TA stuff, no more 71,72,73 or 74 Challenger stuff.

I cruise ebay like an alcoholic cruises bars

My Vit C 1970 rumbles regularly

I went to Chicago and Philadelphia in the same weeknd, I'll be in Hebron OH for the Nationals Challenger event.

I don't want any treatment or help with this affliction. The world should just pitch in and give guys like Andre and I all the Challenger stuff we need.
Steve
Old 07-06-2008, 05:36 AM

Giveaways...? giveaways...? Where are the giveaways... I gotta get some giveaways... []

Drawing the line at no more T/A stuff seems way too extreme... you may be setting yourself up for Challaholic withdrawl shock. Could prove to be deadly without proper medical intervention... you should really seek medical attention before going to such extremes.

As for treatment... it will never work just because you need it... you have to want it. Good Luck Steve, we are all in this together...curse this affliction!!