Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Modifications

Old 07-29-2008, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Modifications

Yes the current platform Stage kits from Mopar will work on the Challenger just fine. The Stage 2 may not be what YOU are looking for but you can find parts out there based on the fact they are interchangable.

We do buisness all over the world so call if you need anything. I to am a National caliber Auto crosser and have been involved with the SCCA for 20 years. I do track instruction at the 2 local to me tracks and help with instruction for Viper Days events along with Chrysler promo events so I can help with other things also.

I was Mark Jorgensen 99ESP in a whit 98' Cobra if that rings a bell.

Thanks,
ORIGINAL: 03HDFB

ORIGINAL: mjorgensen

I will try but still can't seem to post more than a couple lines before a server error tosses it.

Front adjustable height coil overs
Rear adjustable ride height coil springs with outside shock same as stock
Stiffer valving but very comfortable, not adjustable.
List price is $1499 but can be had for less.

Built by KW

We are currently building a customers Challenger that is using a Mopar CAI, KooKs headers and X-pipe, Corsa cat back (one of the first!), GSM trans and fan controllers, custom stall converter, and a Diablo sport tuner. PLUS it is getting the Stage 2 coilovers.

I cannot dyno the car between mods to give you the break down but will after the build. This is mostly because it is brand new and partially because of logistics. It will be cool though. This same customer is also getting a 09' 6 spd. We will be installing much of the usable mods the same as the first car on the second with the addition of the first Production Paxton/Vortech S/C system. Needless to say this will be one sick ride even if it is 4000#!

I am lucky enough to be able to see hundreds of cars through the year based on the fact we are the largest Viper/SRT dealer/modification store in the world. We have specialized for years in Vipers and are lucky to have Viper owners willing to trust us with the purchase and modification of their new additions. I will try to be a useful part of your community and if you have any questions I may be able to help with please feel free to contact me day or night.
Please tell me more about the stage 2 coilovers!!
mjorgensen,
Thanks for your note. I've been in contact with Eibach, KW and Hotchkis for the last 9 months and still have no listing for order information! Even offered up my car for testing but they were looking for locals (SoCal) I'm in Washington state. Is the system you're talking about...The Dodge Charger listing KW has on thier website? Do you know if all the systems out there for the charger.....will fit the challenger? I'm an avid PCA,SCCA,WWSCC auto-crosser and road course participant...and plan on hitting some events with my Challenger! Any info you can share with me would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Old 07-29-2008, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Modifications

Yes the current platform Stage kits from Mopar will work on the Challenger just fine. The Stage 2 may not be what YOU are looking for but you can find parts out there based on the fact they are interchangable.

We do buisness all over the world so call if you need anything. I to am a National caliber Auto crosser and have been involved with the SCCA for 20 years. I do track instruction at the 2 local to me tracks and help with instruction for Viper Days events along with Chrysler promo events so I can help with other things also.

I was Mark Jorgensen 99ESP in a whit 98' Cobra if that rings a bell.

Thanks,

I will try but still can't seem to post more than a couple lines before a server error tosses it.

Front adjustable height coil overs
Rear adjustable ride height coil springs with outside shock same as stock
Stiffer valving but very comfortable, not adjustable.
List price is $1499 but can be had for less.

Built by KW

We are currently building a customers Challenger that is using a Mopar CAI, KooKs headers and X-pipe, Corsa cat back (one of the first!), GSM trans and fan controllers, custom stall converter, and a Diablo sport tuner. PLUS it is getting the Stage 2 coilovers.

I cannot dyno the car between mods to give you the break down but will after the build. This is mostly because it is brand new and partially because of logistics. It will be cool though. This same customer is also getting a 09' 6 spd. We will be installing much of the usable mods the same as the first car on the second with the addition of the first Production Paxton/Vortech S/C system. Needless to say this will be one sick ride even if it is 4000#!

I am lucky enough to be able to see hundreds of cars through the year based on the fact we are the largest Viper/SRT dealer/modification store in the world. We have specialized for years in Vipers and are lucky to have Viper owners willing to trust us with the purchase and modification of their new additions. I will try to be a useful part of your community and if you have any questions I may be able to help with please feel free to contact me day or night.
Please tell me more about the stage 2 coilovers!!
mjorgensen,
Thanks for your note. I've been in contact with Eibach, KW and Hotchkis for the last 9 months and still have no listing for order information! Even offered up my car for testing but they were looking for locals (SoCal) I'm in Washington state. Is the system you're talking about...The Dodge Charger listing KW has on thier website? Do you know if all the systems out there for the charger.....will fit the challenger? I'm an avid PCA,SCCA,WWSCC auto-crosser and road course participant...and plan on hitting some events with my Challenger! Any info you can share with me would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Mark
A fellow track guy..Nice to meet you. Ive never followed the SCCA out of the state of Washington but have made many a trip to Kansas for the PCA nationals…914 Open Mod. I’ve been run with Fordal Motorsports for the better part of 20 years. I sold my last Porsche when the youngest of my 4 girls came along. So Im really leaning towards the Eibach Pro Street S SRT8 Charger PN 2893.711 and the Hotchkis SRT8 Charger SKU-22101 bars. Do you know if I can throw these on? Can you tell me what the stock spring rate front and rear is on the challenger? I got my car last Friday and have been out testing it. I was surprised how close they got it! Too much under steer and sway for me but all in all pretty good.
Again I thank you for taking the time to help me out and I value your input! Its been 20 years since Ive wrenched on anything but a Porsche but what better way to start but with a retro version that started to speed fever 25 years ago!
Gregory