Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Modifications

Old 07-20-2008, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modifications

Is anyone of the lucky owners keeping track of the upgrades to their Challenger, and how it affects the performance, and possibly post them for the benifit of other owners and also us spectators.

Thanks
Bob
Old 07-25-2008, 06:22 PM

Default RE: Modifications

We are currently building a customers Challenger that is using a Mopar CAI, KooKs headers and X-pipe, Corsa cat back (one of the first!), GSM trans and fan controllers, custom stall converter, and a Diablo sport tuner. PLUS it is getting the Stage 2 coilovers.

I cannot dyno the car between mods to give you the break down but will after the build. This is mostly because it is brand new and partially because of logistics. It will be cool though. This same customer is also getting a 09' 6 spd. We will be installing much of the usable mods the same as the first car on the second with the addition of the first Production Paxton/Vortech S/C system. Needless to say this will be one sick ride even if it is 4000#!

I am lucky enough to be able to see hundreds of cars through the year based on the fact we are the largest Viper/SRT dealer/modification store in the world. We have specialized for years in Vipers and are lucky to have Viper owners willing to trust us with the purchase and modification of their new additions. I will try to be a useful part of your community and if you have any questions I may be able to help with please feel free to contact me day or night.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:30 PM

Sounds like you might have a lot of interesting mods. Keep us/me informed.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:19 PM

I had hoped to be able to give a break down per mod, but with the exception of the exhaust, the rest will be installed in a couple day period. I will know by seat of pants feel, but until I run for times and do the math it's just a informed guess.
The stock Challenger shows 377 HP, and 374 pf of torque at the tires. That's better then 12% parasitic loss. I would be happy with 480-480 at the tires, and that's the first goal.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:44 PM

Problem is the stock automatic will loose better than 23% to the wheels without trying. The car on a properly run dyno (Mustang dyno) will show 320s at the wheels. Even if you were on an optimistic Dynojet you would only be around 365.

Basic bolt ons not adding lineraly will maybe net 50-60 crank hp if you are lucky. Don't believe everything you read is all I'm saying.

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

I had hoped to be able to give a break down per mod, but with the exception of the exhaust, the rest will be installed in a couple day period. I will know by seat of pants feel, but until I run for times and do the math it's just a informed guess.
The stock Challenger shows 377 HP, and 374 pf of torque at the tires. That's better then 12% parasitic loss. I would be happy with 480-480 at the tires, and that's the first goal.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:10 PM

I did not read the numbers, I saw them. I think we are on the same page though. The 377 was at lock up on the converter. I would put the 722.6 at 8-10% loss on just stock components. The more power to try to put through the greater the percentage lost. Much can be done with the converter to help bring the engine, and rear wheel numbers closer together.

I know different dynos will show different numbers. This is why I think a dyno is great to tune, but I don’t put any faith in the actual numbers produced.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:54 AM

installed my mopar cold air intake today, ehxuast shounds better and car has way more getup.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:16 AM

ORIGINAL: mjorgensen

We are currently building a customers Challenger that is using a Mopar CAI, KooKs headers and X-pipe, Corsa cat back (one of the first!), GSM trans and fan controllers, custom stall converter, and a Diablo sport tuner. PLUS it is getting the Stage 2 coilovers.

I cannot dyno the car between mods to give you the break down but will after the build. This is mostly because it is brand new and partially because of logistics. It will be cool though. This same customer is also getting a 09' 6 spd. We will be installing much of the usable mods the same as the first car on the second with the addition of the first Production Paxton/Vortech S/C system. Needless to say this will be one sick ride even if it is 4000#!

I am lucky enough to be able to see hundreds of cars through the year based on the fact we are the largest Viper/SRT dealer/modification store in the world. We have specialized for years in Vipers and are lucky to have Viper owners willing to trust us with the purchase and modification of their new additions. I will try to be a useful part of your community and if you have any questions I may be able to help with please feel free to contact me day or night.
Please tell me more about the stage 2 coilovers!!
Old 07-26-2008, 12:07 PM

I will try but still can't seem to post more than a couple lines before a server error tosses it.

Front adjustable height coil overs
Rear adjustable ride height coil springs with outside shock same as stock
Stiffer valving but very comfortable, not adjustable.
List price is $1499 but can be had for less.

Built by KW
ORIGINAL: 03HDFB

ORIGINAL: mjorgensen

Please tell me more about the stage 2 coilovers!!
Old 07-26-2008, 02:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone purchased any of the dressup items?

I purchased the Challenger door sills from www.moparsupercenter. This web site will save you a few bucks over the dealer's price.

Quick Reply: Modifications