Notices
Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

Skip shift eliminator for TR6060 trans?

Old 08-01-2008, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skip shift eliminator for TR6060 trans?

Any information on what's available to eliminate the "skip-shift" feature? This forces a 1 - 4 shift unless you are cold engine or really giving a lot of throttle in 1st gear.

Will the parts for the Viper work, since this is the same transmission?

One of the first things I'll consider changing when my '09 R/T comes in
Old 10-02-2008, 02:55 PM

Default RE: Skip shift eliminator for TR6060 trans?

I emailed partsrack@aol.com a few days ago (www.partsrack.com) with that same question. They don't have a skip shift eliminator yet for the 09 Challenger, at least they had 'no idea, but it does fit 92-06 Viper'. They also said 'they suspect the same EPA requirement to the 08 Viper makes the 09 Challenger difficult to defeat'.

I don't think this will be a big deal. When I finally get my R/T, I will go under and find the wires leading into the tranny solenoid, take a digital voltmeter and measure the resistance (I've read on other forums that resistance is like 2.2K ohms). Then I'll hurtle to the Radio Shack and pick up the resistors to match, wire them in, and see if it works. If anybody knows more about this skip shifter bypass, please post.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:18 PM

Very curious to hear how this is by-passed. Heck, we finally get a 6spd and EPS shut off only to still have this fuel efficiency crap...Ugh
Old 10-04-2008, 04:24 PM

Usually it is done with a shorting plug/harness that plugs directly into the solenoid switch on the tranny. You can also just remove the connector, but you will end up with an error code. The Corvette or Viper Harness SHOULD fit, but no guarantees.

Supposedly the Predator Tuner has an option to disable skip-shift as well. Im getting one to adjust for my CAI and 180 T-Stat anyway, so Ill give that a shot first.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:47 AM

Check out Ebay and the other Challenger forums for the plug-in eliminator. About 20 bux I understand.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:51 AM

I have found it at speedinc. for 19.00 part #IZM993). I have heard from other folks that this installs in a few mintues and works like a champ with no issues. Mine should have been here yesterday, probably show up tomorrow.

One person says:

I have installed the Speed Inc. Skip Shift Eliminator and I can tell you it was the best mod for the money I've done. I hated
to be forced into 4th gear (usually around tight corners when pulling out into traffic).
Easy to install and it works. You still see the indicator light come on but no lockout. Yeah!

And another:
I installed the skip shift eliminator tonight in my R/T. The 1-4 light does come on, but now it will go right in to second gear like it should.

The install is a snap:

1. Locate the plug on the transmission. Find the sturdy aluminum cross member that supports the tranny and look straight up. You'll see the plug there on the drivers side of the tranny.

2. Unplug the two wire harness from the transmission and plug it into the eliminator.

3. Plug the other end of the eliminator into the transmission and you're done.

You could actually skip step 3 since that end of the eliminator doesn't do anything, but it looks "finished" if you plug it in.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:57 AM

Got my shift skip delete today. Now I just have to get the car out of the body shop.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:07 PM

man, I am sooo lucky. I have only had my shift skip feature activate once and one of those was intentional. This engine sounds so good I always rev past the shift cut-out point in first gear. I have always thought that short shifting an engine over the long term causes damage. By short shifting I mean shifting to the next gear at an rpm way below the powerband. 3500 rpm is a minimum, for me.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:22 PM

Speed Inc. Skip Shift eliminator is the same part as for the Corvette and the Viper (it has a part number for GM application). Fits and works for 09 Challenger R/T. I've had it since the car was only a week old.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:12 PM

Thanks to you with the information about the part from Speed.Inc . I have been very happy since installing the eliminator back in early Dec . or late Nov. on my R/T . I now have over 6000 miles on my car .
ORIGINAL: mot250

Speed Inc. Skip Shift eliminator is the same part as for the Corvette and the Viper (it has a part number for GM application). Fits and works for 09 Challenger R/T. I've had it since the car was only a week old.

Quick Reply: Skip shift eliminator for TR6060 trans?