Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Any dealer taking orders

Old 07-14-2006, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any dealer taking orders

I would like to place a deposit to get one of the first new Challengers delivered. I have done this with other cars. My local dealers are saying no. Are and dealer, large enough to actually get a car, taking orders? thanks
Old 07-14-2006, 07:57 PM

Default RE: Any dealer taking orders

Mine won't yet.
We asked about it when we bought my wife's Charger. The salesman said he'd put me on the list. When DCX announced the green light for the Challenger, I emailed the salesman. He said he hadn't forgotten us and we were "at the top of the list" when they start to place orders. They won't take orders or deposits yet, but it could be just that particular delearship. []
Old 07-14-2006, 09:32 PM

My brother in law is the marketing director for a group of dealerships in Tucson & Phoenix. He said they won't even put a waiting list together. My personal opinion is why give them any money now. I am not interested in paying a disgusting dealer markup for a Challenger even though I love this car and absolutely will get one. I think you should just hold your money and beat them up for the best "out the door" price when you are ready to buy. Just my opinion though...

Old 07-15-2006, 02:38 AM

Thanks guys. My wife wants one and I want to get it for here as soon as they come out.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:42 AM

I've called and went to see a couple dealerships and they all say nothing yet but, we will take you name and number and call you when we hear something from DCX.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

My advice. Patience is a virtue. I wouldn't put myself down on a ordering list because they will stick you with mark-up. I'd wait until the initial rush is over, then go shopping for one.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 07-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

If I can help myself, I will probably wait until year 2 when they have the bugs out and maybe the 6.4L will be out then if not sooner.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

We can only hope they offer the 6.4L. I prefer waiting after my experience with first year cars (recall city and numberous flaws). Not worth it if you ask me.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 07-30-2006, 02:44 AM

I put in my deposit last week. I am 2nd on the dealership list. The lady told me there are some where there is already 8 people on the list. I got lucky and decided to put down a deposit instead of buying a new dodge truck
Old 07-30-2006, 10:51 AM

You put a deposit down before negotiating the price? Is it refundable if you don't agree to the deal?

Quick Reply: Any dealer taking orders