Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Duel exhaust on an SE?

Old 08-29-2008, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duel exhaust on an SE?

Anyone have any suggestions for a duel exhaust for an SE, as in if there is one available and through who. Im not sure if it has any actual performance upgrade or anything I have just always loved the look of it. For those who have read my posts in this forum, you will notice I dont know much about this stuff. This is the first "cool" car I have ever owned so its the first time I have ever really thought about actually changing parts and stuff.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:45 AM

Default RE: Duel exhaust on an SE?

For starters the rear valance has a cutout for a single pipe. Other than that you could visit a muffler shop and I am certain they could advise you. Cheers!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:24 AM

By rear valance i assume you mean that little black plastic strip on the bottom I would think that would be easy enough to either cut or order one for an RT and put it on since the bodys of all the cars are pretty much the same or am I wrong? From what I have read it seems that most of the differences in the car are engine based
Old 08-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: whiplash

By rear valance i assume you mean that little black plastic strip on the bottom I would think that would be easy enough to either cut or order one for an RT and put it on since the bodys of all the cars are pretty much the same or am I wrong? From what I have read it seems that most of the differences in the car are engine based
I would think you could place the valence so you would then have 2 exhaust holes. I do not know if is plastic. On the older Challengers they were metal as plastic was not invented back then.

I have seen the list of SE vs RT vs SRT and it is a long list and more than just motor differences. ie. Brakes, suspension, transmission, wheels, electronics, etc.

There are even huge differences between the 5.7L and 6.1L.

I hope this helps.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I would think you could place the valence so you would then have 2 exhaust holes. I do not know if is plastic. On the older Challengers they were metal as plastic was not invented back then.
Didnt the Japanese invent it to make cars out of? Oh wait... never mind... theyve never invented anything... they must have copied it from somewhere...
Old 08-30-2008, 09:45 PM

I've noticed that V-6 Chargers seem to have an unused exhaust cutout on the rear valance. It's a wonder the Challenger SE doesn't have one.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

I've noticed that V-6 Chargers seem to have an unused exhaust cutout on the rear valance. It's a wonder the Challenger SE doesn't have one.
I would think that have 2 rounds holes is more aesthetically pleasing than 2 rectangular holes since it really looks like something is missing with those.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:29 AM

This is what the stock SE has..

Old 08-31-2008, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Yep that round hole is better than 2 large rectangular holes.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:08 AM

Well, for anyone who would want to put duals on an SE, I doubt that the rear valance off an SRT or R/T would cost all THAT much. Aside from looks, I'm not sure how much would be gained by going to duals on a V-6....

Quick Reply: Duel exhaust on an SE?