Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

new member from Mexico

Old 07-24-2006, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member from Mexico

Hello All, I'm Leo from Monterrey Mexico, 26 year old/engineer/married and with a wish to have soon a Challenger of my own.

I love cars and I've always wanted to buy a new one that I knew I would never get rid off..... one that I would feel so proud of having, yet no car was able to fill all my interest... until I saw the Detroit show.....

Now I want to follow every step of the process and hope they'll sell it In Mexico.....

Thanks and Look forward to meeting you all...

Leo
Old 07-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: new member from Mexico

Glad to have you on the forum. Welcome to the site. Your English is excellent. What do you currently drive? I know you guys have some pretty nice stuff in Mexico such as the turbo-powered Stratus. As my signature hints, I have a 1997 Dodge Intrepid with a 3.5L 24 valve V6 with a 42LE auto transmission.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 07-25-2006, 02:25 PM

thanks for the note RLSH700.... I owned a 95 Camaro a year ago, I had the need for money for my wedding so I sold it... now I have a 2000 grand am and a 2004 VW jetta (small car).

Yes... we've got good stuff like the stratus you mention, the problem is that the roads are killers for any sports cars, is really a poor quality in some areas.....
Old 07-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

leo segovia......welcome to the forum.

I have been many times to Monterrey and I agree about the roads being sport car killers. I remember hitting a lot of pot holes in the streets.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:25 PM

you've been to Monterrey?... what for?,.... bussines?......

I've seen the kind of roads you are talking about, when I had the Camaro is was really painful hearing the suspension hitting in one of those huge holes on the road... the other bad thing is that every time it rains... well it gets flooded ... like a really small tsunami..... I used to get all mad to see all those big trucks passing by like they don't care......

We'll... I hope the challenger will be available in Mexico... I think it will since the Mustang has been a good sell specially in MOnterrey.... does anyone knows where I can confirm this?
Old 07-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

I have been there mostly to visit family on vacations.

Monterrey is a very industrial city with a lot of trucks and I am sure that contributes to the potholes.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Which engine did your 1995 Camaro have? Which engines do your 2000 Grand Am and 2004 VW Jetta?

I know what you mean about bad roads. My relatives live in areas where there is no pavement. Other areas the road has huge cracks. That area is on the list of worst roads in the U.S. SUVs and trucks are very popular in that area. My Intrepid is adequate most of the time, except for the time we got 11 inch snow. Boy did that stink.

How often does it rain in your area? Is it one of those environments that rains a lot all the time, or one of those it doesn't rain often but when it rains, it rains big time?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 07-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I have been there mostly to visit family on vacations.

Monterrey is a very industrial city with a lot of trucks and I am sure that contributes to the potholes.
Are you originally from Mexico, Jeremiah, or did some of your relatives decide to move down there?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 07-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

When my Dad was stationed at Bergstrom Air Force Base and it was time for me to be born, my Mom decided she wanted to be with her Mom and so she went to Monterrey.

Where I grew up was Houston, TX..
Old 07-26-2006, 05:30 PM

my camaro had the 3.4 L engine V8, probably and advantage in Mexico cause I think most of them were equiped with 3800 engines for emmissions compliance, and I think that would cut back the HP.

Grand am has V6- 3.4 L ENGINE... and the jetta.... if my memory is correct and my wife did not lied about the model is a 2.8L 4 cylinders......

and about Monterrey... it does not rain all the time, and some times it rains a lot.... but in then end if it's a small rain or a big time all the city gets flooded..... we dont have a good sewer system as well littering is a really bad habit we're still tryin to erradicate.

Quick Reply: new member from Mexico