Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Removing R/T stripes

Old 09-24-2008, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing R/T stripes

like a few other people., I ordered the hood to fender stripes before actually knowing what they were(thinking they were the same as the SRT hood stripes) and really dont care for them.....how exactly does one remove these stripes? blow dryer? or is this a job for a custom shop(and Im assuming they can install the new SRT hood stripe for me)
Old 09-24-2008, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Removing R/T stripes

While no expert on body shop issues, auto-parts store sell automotive adhesive remove, I would go this route.

Used it on my motorcycle to get some really "Rad" 80's graphics tape off my Cavalcade.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:42 AM

Give it time to get used to the stripes before you remove them. Better to wait to see if they grow on you than to remove them and wish you hadn't. I don't think they look bad at all. JMHO

ORIGINAL: sabby2000

like a few other people., I ordered the hood to fender stripes before actually knowing what they were(thinking they were the same as the SRT hood stripes) and really dont care for them.....how exactly does one remove these stripes? blow dryer? or is this a job for a custom shop(and Im assuming they can install the new SRT hood stripe for me)
Old 09-24-2008, 09:19 AM

I agree with Runner. Give them some time. Just in pictures, I didn't like those R/T stripes at first but now have become quite fond of them.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:03 PM

I agree also to give them time - they've really grown on me.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:13 PM

Looks like you are WAY outnumbered sabby... nothing you can do now other than see if they grow on you. Your choice has been made by the consensus of the group. A very good choice too... I might add...
Old 09-24-2008, 07:24 PM

Trust me, you're going to want those stripes.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:18 PM

Sabby like you I wasn't sure if I liked the stripes when I got my new Black R/T 6 speed Nov. 7th. I've had hundred's of people look at my car and comment on how great it look's. And many have said they love the stripe. That does help. The new 71 R/T I had . Was med. green with the white R/T stripe down the sides with the R/T at the rear of stripe. But this new R/T is much better than the 71 even though I loved the 71 . So it doesn't have to look like the 71 .
Old 11-19-2008, 01:32 PM

Shabby, I'm on your side. Not fond of the stripes. To me they look like Indian war paint (no offense intended to any Native Americans!) or football anti-glare paint. And I like the cleaner look of the R/T stripeless.

I'm thinking they should just peel off with the help of some low heat and patience. A good liquid/paste wax should clean off any adheisve residue. That is what I used when I removed the "FORD" lettering on the tailgate of my 93 F150 and the "4X4" decals on my 99 F250.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:26 PM

ORIGINAL: mot250

Shabby, I'm on your side. Not fond of the stripes. To me they look like Indian war paint (no offense intended to any Native Americans!) or football anti-glare paint. And I like the cleaner look of the R/T stripeless.

I'm thinking they should just peel off with the help of some low heat and patience. A good liquid/paste wax should clean off any adheisve residue. That is what I used when I removed the "FORD" lettering on the tailgate of my 93 F150 and the "4X4" decals on my 99 F250.
Bingo ! a hair dryer and some patience..they will peel right off...

Quick Reply: Removing R/T stripes