Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Mopar Splash Guard Install For 08 SRT8

Old 10-04-2008, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Splash Guard Install For 08 SRT8

These were on backorder for over a month at Mopar Supercenter and are now available. Im not sure if I like the look, but if they function Ill leave them in place. The fit and finish is pretty tight on these. You can see in the pics that the rears dont cover the tires all the way, but if they did it would be too wide and look silly. The fronts are small and tight fitting. Instructions said to drill an additional hole for the front guards, but I found it wasnt needed and didnt feel like removing the front tires. (the rest of the holes are already drilled from the factory). If I ever remove the front tires I guess Ill drill the extra holes. The rears use some help from 3M to attach to the painted part of the body. You need a special plastic rivet installer which is made by Mopar. Instead of buying a tool Ill only use once, I went to checkers and got some universal type fasteners (1/4" size pictured). If you think someone will steal your splash guards, just put some epoxy or similar on the pins and push them in. You could even cut off the head of the pin after the epoxy dries for more peace of mind. Whole thing took maybe a half hour to install. Questions? Comments?

[IMG]local://upfiles/404/124F84698FCE4CFC9A4764272D8497D6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/404/18041E116B3548D4885BC7DBFA2DA440.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Mopar Splash Guard Install

Well I don't like that you had to do this but I remember I had to do it on my old Challenger to keep the paint from being dinged and scratched.

In your picture I like the rear guard but not the front. If you get a chance to, could you take a side shot of the entire car so I can see how it looks over all.

Thanks for the pics, but I think the guards are a necessary evil if we want to protect the paint.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:49 PM

I think I like the car without them too, but way to much gunk gets thrown up on the body. Was gonna get the car out of the garage for the side shot when the rain started down...Lol. Will try agin later.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:54 PM

Those big ole sticky tires seem to throw a lot of stuff up onto the sides of the car. Not sure I care for the look either so much but agree it may be worth it to protect the paint. Any chance there are other high quality options available that are a little less bulky looking?

And whats the little 7 placard under the plate about if I might ask?

Old 10-04-2008, 06:06 PM

Safety inspection sticker. Once a year thing. Has to go on the rear bumper or a metal tag as pictured.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:30 PM

After tryin' to get the rubber off the rear panels enough times, I gave in and got the rears.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:38 PM

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! It's so, so, soccer Mom van. IMVHO
Old 10-04-2008, 06:52 PM

Not bad when off set with black billboards, and lower rocker stripes. The fachia and trim make them all but vanish. I just like the idea of keeping the rear panels chip free.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:09 PM

I think I tend to agree somewhat Andre... and thinking on the black car it may be all that much moreso...

Might not even notice them on the black unless you are looking for them...

Old 10-04-2008, 07:17 PM

I had special pieces made when I had the front end protection kit installed. It is in place behind the front and rear wheels and allows you to easily wipe off any substance in those areas.

Quick Reply: Mopar Splash Guard Install For 08 SRT8