Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

On the list?

Old 08-15-2006, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On the list?

Have dealers started a "list" as of yet? An official list? I was on what they called a list, but never went into the dealership. I called recently and they had no list, but told me they are starting one. What are others experiences and what kind of deposit did you leave if any?

Old 08-15-2006, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Default RE: On the list?

ive talked to two people who i trust, who have spoken to a dealership, and evidently they are on a "list"...they did not give a down payment, but they basically agreed to pay whatever the dealership wants for the car...when i worked for dodge, we had people who wanted the first chargers off the truck, so they agreed to pay whatever the dealer wanted..its nuts.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:41 AM

Yup....I just got back and I am on the list. They didn't need a deposit. I am getting the second one to come into the dealership.

Needless to say I am very excited!!! Now the looooong wait.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Administrator

what was the arrangement? you have to pay whatever they ask? i mean, once it comes in and since there is no pricing available for it, are you going to pay a 60,000 price?
Old 08-15-2006, 12:46 PM

Apparently there are going to be 2 available models. 5.7 and 6.1 **Please keep in mind this isn't "official" but what my friend at the dealership knows as of late....doesn't mean it's official. However, the list is now official. I am on the list for the 6.1 I have no idea what color, etc..
My understanding is I will have the option to buy. I am not in an official contract to buy as of yet.

Of course the dealers will pump the price up....I saw people selling their spot for the Cobra on eBay for $10k plus! I'm sure the same will happen with the Challenger.

I can't say how much I will actually pay until I know exactly what the production numbers are going to be. This will make a big difference to me. With that said I'm very excited and can't wait to add the new Challenger to my stable!
Old 08-15-2006, 06:22 PM

yes I have been on the list for 2 1/2 weeks here in Waco Tx and I am number 2
Old 08-15-2006, 10:17 PM

Went to my loczl dealer today...no list there. His latest info was for a 2010 model. Not informed I guess....
Old 08-15-2006, 10:19 PM

they are a little behind cause we are hearing spring time it will be at dealerships but it will be out for sure 2007 as an 08 model
Old 08-16-2006, 03:52 PM

They are expected first quarter 2008 no word on whether it will be January or March though, that depends on how pre-production models fare.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:41 PM

Well...I'll try calling a few tomorrow and see what they say. There has to be a dealer in my area somewhere that has started a waiting list. Do they have to be a five star dealer, I wonder?

Tony

Quick Reply: On the list?