Notices
Engine Got engine work, simple or complex? Let's hear about it!

leaving the car original?

Old 11-09-2008, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leaving the car original?

Im having a tough time not putting on exhaust/other things on my r/t. I want to keep it as stock as possible hoping this car will keep its value over the years.... However my buddy works at a muffler shop and can do super44's for under 500.

Help me pick some things out....

I want 50 more horse with doing as little noticeable as possible.

thanks!

-Kyle
Old 11-09-2008, 07:05 PM

Default RE: leaving the car original?

Easy, bolt-ons... that's your answer, I'd say a cold-air induction and a tuner program would do just that, on top of that I wouldn't worry too much about an exhaust ugrade as that's one of the most common things, I don't think that will scare to many people away from buying something... The other stuff you can just re-install the factory products...
Ohhh where do you live??? I want some super 44's for my truck... I've got Flowmasters now but it's been 5 years and I was thinking about buying new chrome tips, maybe I'll just re-do the whole exhaust, I love the 44's... Man I want you to get them so I can hear what they sound like[:-]
Old 11-09-2008, 09:08 PM

im in washington state... the great state of "OH THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A 6 SPEED R/T"

hehe. I proved them wrong
Old 11-09-2008, 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

Easy, bolt-ons... that's your answer, I'd say a cold-air induction and a tuner program would do just that, on top of that I wouldn't worry too much about an exhaust ugrade as that's one of the most common things, I don't think that will scare to many people away from buying something... The other stuff you can just re-install the factory products...
Ohhh where do you live??? I want some super 44's for my truck... I've got Flowmasters now but it's been 5 years and I was thinking about buying new chrome tips, maybe I'll just re-do the whole exhaust, I love the 44's... Man I want you to get them so I can hear what they sound like[:-]

oh and far as cold air intakes, should i go with the mopar one? Or what?
Old 11-10-2008, 01:54 AM

Add what you like that can be bolterd on save the original parts not a problem down the road as far as car value enjoy the mods
Old 11-10-2008, 04:47 AM

I like the mopar cold air intake and i cut the stock exhaust off within 5 miles. Has magnaflows and the mopar cai and i love it. This winter its getting the diablo tuner or i may go vortex for the supercharger.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:09 AM

Cold Air Intake, Cat Back Exhaust and Diablo tune should get you there no problem. Save your stock stuff and you can get back to stock in half a day any time you want to do so.

I went with the Mopar CAI and Zoomers cat back. Still awaiting the tune...

Where you at in Washington Kyle... North Bend here...

Cheers!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:14 PM

im just south of everett, in mill creek.

edit: PS. how does the mopar cai sound? Did you notice a difference? And how much are those runnin?
Old 11-15-2008, 07:15 AM

my personal opinion adding things is a big waste of time and money i have spent like 5k extra and really only picked up 55hp. i have put on the mopar cai, magnaflow exhuast,diablo tune, then i went to a guy to dyno and create a custom tune and that cost 1200.00 and after it was said and done i hade 380hp at the rear wheel. i also put the engine strut brace on that was like over 400.00 and i also threw a few other accessories on.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:21 AM

dpas,
Far from money wasted my friend. Now add high flo cats, an X pipe and the cnc ported 84mm TB and you will see the total gains.
You are restricted at the cats, and the stock X weave. A couple steps away from seeing the best gains from the parts you have bolted on....

Quick Reply: leaving the car original?