Notices
Regional Section Looking for other DC.com members in your area? Have an event or show to talk about? This is your section!

Midwest members

Old 12-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwest members

What state in the Mid-West are you located and if you feel comfortable talking about it, what area? Any interesting trivia about your local area

I'm located in Illinois.

They filmed footage to two movies in this section that I know of. "In the Heat of the Night" and "Escape from New York" (more like "Escape from E. St. Louis")

The E. C. Segar, the creator of Popeye was originally from this area.

One of the original Dodge dealerships is still in business down here (Oliver C. Joseph).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-16-2008, 09:09 AM

Default RE: Midwest members

I am in Indiana. Glad to see at least one other Midwesterner representing here. If you get a Challenger, to what lengths will you go to protect it from snow? I aim to keep my old car for winter use if $$$ allows.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:55 PM

Just west of St. Louis, Missouri. This vehicle will never purposely see rain, much less, snow.

ORIGINAL: Thor77

I am in Indiana. Glad to see at least one other Midwesterner representing here. If you get a Challenger, to what lengths will you go to protect it from snow? I aim to keep my old car for winter use if $$$ allows.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:42 AM

Also in Illinois here, more specific the Plainfield area. They have just finished filming an A&E show called "The Beast" in my company buildings. It will premire in January. Also we have had many, many, many movies filmed in and around the area.

As for snow, my girl is safe and snug under cover in her garage. This car will never ever see snow or rain if it can be helped.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:32 AM

Also from Illinois! Joliet/Plainfield area!

Mine is tucked away in the garage! No driving in the snow for my girl or rain for that matter if poosible! Rain? Wish!
Old 12-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one in this section of the country. It looks like RRUNNER is close to my neck of the woods, and brucer41 & 1971cuda are from Northern Illinois. Thor77 what part of Indiana are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Alright, how long have you lived in your current location?

I've lived here from 1985-2005 then returned in 2008.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-23-2008, 02:19 PM

Hello. I am from the Indianapolis area. There is a huge Mopar only indoor swap meet coming in March. My Challenger is usually on display at the Indy Mopar club booth. If anyone comes by the booth, stop and say hello.
Bob
Old 12-23-2008, 09:20 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm from Naperville, and also named Bruce. #4334 Black (yes the fastest)

I am a member of the Chicagoland Mopar Club, and we have lots of Mopar stuff to do during the year. check us out at www.chicagolandmopar.com,

Mine got wet on its first night on the way home, then on its way to its first show. And it rained so hard on my way back from the Mopar Nationals, is are no virginaly dry spots on my car. So wet is not a problem. In fact it even got snowed on unexpectedly one afternoon. But its safe and sound in the garage until its a lot better out side. I do have several Challenger friends in the club and my guess is that in May we will have a big showing of Modern Mopars at our show at the Naperville North High school , the sunday after mothers day.

I did have a chance to drive out to Columbus Ohio in a two black SRT caravan, it was very very enjoyable.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:47 PM

Ashtabula, Ohio here (far Northeast corner of Ohio). Right smack dab in the middle of the rust belt. Lake effect snow and all of that crap.

I picked up my Challenger on Dec.22, 2008 in Warren, MI (just North of Detroit). Trailered the car home in an enclosed trailer in the worst winter conditions I've seen in a few years. Snowing and blowing at my end of the route (both going out and coming home), and black ice all over Detroit. It was a white knuckler with the new car in the trailer, but made it home without incident.

I backed my baby off the trailer and into the garage. Never got a spec of snow on the tires. I have not yet driven my car. It still shows "6" miles on the odometer. It is sitting in the garage under a car cover waiting for spring to arrive.

If life goes according to plan, I will be living in North Carolina by 2019. Only ten more winters.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:20 AM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one in this section of the country. It looks like RRUNNER is close to my neck of the woods, and brucer41 & 1971cuda are from Northern Illinois. Thor77 what part of Indiana are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Alright, how long have you lived in your current location?

I've lived here from 1985-2005 then returned in 2008.

South Bend (which is North Central, just south of the Michigan border). Been here since 1986.

Quick Reply: Midwest members