Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Finally got my R/T

Old 12-23-2008, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my R/T

After what seemed like forever haggling with the dealer to drop the dealer mark-up, they finally called me and dropped it.
I bought my 09 Tored, 6 speed R/T this evening.
I could only drive it home and get it garaged because there is snow on the ground and more on its way. But at least its mine, and I can look at it anytime I want.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:37 AM

Default RE: Finally got my R/T

Congrats Whylee!!! Pics..?? Impressions..?? Grin..??
Old 12-24-2008, 04:32 AM

...and I can look at it anytime I want.

I know what you mean, when ever I'm feeling bad I just walk out to the garage.

Welcome and enjoy the grin!
Old 12-24-2008, 05:05 AM

I thought it was just me. My Mother-in-law just had to move in with us and she in failing health. My job is very stressful. The world economy is crapand it turns out Santa isn't who I thought he was (because he's me). But I just go out to the garage and pull the California Car Cover (AWESOME FIT) off and just stand there and GRIN...

Life's great...

ORIGINAL: rickerda

...and I can look at it anytime I want.

I know what you mean, when ever I'm feeling bad I just walk out to the garage.

Welcome and enjoy the grin!
Old 12-25-2008, 01:38 PM

whylee , I know how you feel . The Tored Red look's good also. I got mine off the showroom floor . A 6 speed Black R/T with silver stripe on hood to fender. They had it marked up $4,400.00 over sticker. But I paid MSRP As a 6 speed owner my self the first thing you will want to do is order the skip shift harness from Speed.inc that eleminates the block on the 1st gear to 2nd and forces you to go to 4th. I put one on mine a few day's ago . And best thing I've done so far . It still shows the 1-4 in the dash . But you can shift as you please. Total cost including shipping was $28.18 .
ORIGINAL: whylee

After what seemed like forever haggling with the dealer to drop the dealer mark-up, they finally called me and dropped it.
I could only drive it home and get it garaged because there is snow on the ground and more on its way. But at least its mine, and I can look at it anytime I want.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:01 PM

ORIGINAL: BkChallenger09R/T

whylee , I know how you feel . The Tored Red look's good also. I got mine off the showroom floor . A 6 speed Black R/T with silver stripe on hood to fender. They had it marked up $4,400.00 over sticker. But I paid MSRP As a 6 speed owner my self the first thing you will want to do is order the skip shift harness from Speed.inc that eleminates the block on the 1st gear to 2nd and forces you to go to 4th. I put one on mine a few day's ago . And best thing I've done so far . It still shows the 1-4 in the dash . But you can shift as you please. Total cost including shipping was $28.18 .

I will be doing that soon, I guess it has not bothered me much yet since it has been snowing since the day I brought it home. Its killing me not driving it.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:38 PM

I have the optional Good Year all season tires ( 20 inch ) . And since I traded my 07 Quad Cab 1500 4x4 and a 06 Mazda MX-5 in on the Challenger . I did get out in the first big ice ( 3 inch's ) storm with a few inch's of snow on it . It did much better than I expected it to do . I was very careful and drove slow . But everyone one else was going very slow . It did better than my wife's 300C does. I think the 6 speed help's alot and the pos. But I'm retired and don't have to get out. My wife just had a knee replacement . So I will leave the Challenger in the garage on those nasty day's for awhile. It is such a relief knowing I can shift to 2nd and not worry about it being blocked out and having to go to 4th . This forum is a big help.

ORIGINAL: BkChallenger09R/T

I will be doing that soon, I guess it has not bothered me much yet since it has been snowing since the day I brought it home. Its killing me not driving it.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:49 AM

I'd just like to say how utterly disappointed I am to learn about this skip-shift B.S. I've never "missed" a shift in my 2005 Mustang GT. Maybe that's the reason Road & Track (Dec. 2008) has the Challenger R/T at 6.2 seconds in the 0-60 test. Comparitively, a 2008 Mustang Bullitt will do 0-60 in 5.1 and costs roughly $6K less than the R/T (price as tested = $39,055) and does NOT have a fully-gay, "child-proof" manual transmission!

We can sit here and debate exterior and interior stylings of both vehicles till we're blue in the face, which is nicer, etc. But at the end of the day you CLEARLY get a much better bang for yer buck with the Ford. Performance and value have kept the Mustang alive since 1964. Chrysler's complete failure to provide a similar product of equal value (price and performance-wise) is what will undoubtedly lead to Challenger's demise after the 2009 model year... All of the MOPAR blowhards whose blood is probably boiling right now can knock the me and/or The Blue Oval all they want. But at the end of the day you know full well that you're pickin up exactly what the Beener's layin down right here!

Mustang: April 1964 - Present

Challenger: 2008 - 2009

Old 12-29-2008, 02:49 PM

man beeny has no life.....mustang is a chicks car and has a archaic rear end....and is slower than both v8 models...low end and top end....magazines are not fact.....timeslips are...and last i checked you had none...so time to go to sleep in your 69 style bed since that is the only good mustang ever produced.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:59 PM

Happy Holidays to you to beener!!!

Quick Reply: Finally got my R/T