Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

20 inch chrome clad wheels

Old 01-19-2009, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 20 inch chrome clad wheels

I've had the Chrome Clads since the Begining fellas... '03 on my Ram... They Hold up extremly well I won't lie... I know how some feel about "being jipped" but take it for what its worth, they are extremly durable rims and to get the chrome "look" too. I have a 4x4 and regularly go down to the beach and to spots that have very soft sand and shelly sand... Certain beaches don't always have normal sugar sand, some with shells... and I know for a fact if I had "True Chrome" rims they'd be a waste of money, scratched to death and chipped up... they do take to a curb very well also... the way I'd look at it is 1300$ but you'll have them twice as long as say a 2,000$ set.. Plus if you do ding one up badly or have an accident you'll be able to get say one or two very easily on ebay or something, where as another set of custom chrome rims would cost say 600 or 700$ for just one probably..
Me and all my boys had this conversation way back in the day same as you guys... but in the end I've replace one "Chrome Clad" rim in 5 years... Pretty darn good... And im no Saint...LOL...[8D]
Old 01-21-2009, 06:29 AM

I dunno...I was looking at wheels and I think a set of these would be damn nice on the car!

https://www.newstalgiawheel.com/imag...W_1450_500.gif
Old 01-21-2009, 07:18 AM

Heck yeah those would be nice... I've seen some other sets of Foose wheels that bad azz too... But compare the prices, if it even matters to you...
Ohh by the way digging the sign in name
Old 01-22-2009, 04:18 AM

My original caution about putting the chrome clad wheels on my car has been totally removed. The compliment level on the car has gone up by three times and it was high already. I found a set of take offs on Ebay and bought a brand new set of tires from Tire Rack. I must admitt the first set of chrome clad wheels I bought on Ebay had to be sent back for a refund due to curb rash on two wheels. I recomend using Paypal because as soon as my tracking showed these wheels had arrived at their destination I got my refund from Paypal. Some sellers try to get you to pay them in other ways than Paypal but if you do so, you may never get a refund if you make a large purchase that is disapointing when it arrives. With Paypal you are safe. If your item arrives as not as described all you have to do is send them back and prove tracking to get your money back.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1970/7EBC57175F2A43A9BA13965504099B18.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-22-2009, 05:00 AM

Everyone, that is 100%, who has seen this picture comments on the chrome clad R/T wheels as much more appealing. Not to minimize in any way my buddy's SRT and its visuall effects...........
Old 01-22-2009, 07:35 AM

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

Heck yeah those would be nice... I've seen some other sets of Foose wheels that bad azz too... But compare the prices, if it even matters to you...
Ohh by the way digging the sign in name
Oh hell no...I can't bring myself to spend THAT much on wheels, but a guy can dream!

Re: Name - Cooking is my hobby, and I'm a fan of the show. It's also my forum name on the Corvette forum that I moderate. [sm=lildevil.gif]
Old 01-22-2009, 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Iron Chef

I dunno...I was looking at wheels and I think a set of these would be damn nice on the car!

https://www.newstalgiawheel.com/imag...W_1450_500.gif
Its Foose what does he make that looks bad lol. But seriously I have bought wheels from Newstalgia. They are great & if you buy your tires from them they will mount. balance & ship it all for free. When i bought mine i was going to buy the tires from tirerack. The Newstalgia guys matched the price so it wound up cheaper with no shipping charges. I bought Boyd Coddington Junk Yard Dogs for my 1968 Merc Cougar. I recommend Newstalgia to all my buddies around here.