Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

EVIC - Information Needed

Old 01-03-2009, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVIC - Information Needed

here is a tricky one for you.

I was told today that there aparently is a way to unlock the R/T's EVIC (Electronic Vehicle Information Center) to give you the same information that is available on the SRT's EVIC. Apparently the EVIC's are the same but the R/T's EVIC is locked so that the the really cool information cant be seen, like the 0-60mph time and other performance options. I was told it was pretty easy as long as you had the lock sequence. I looked all over the Forums and couldnt find anything. Does anyone have the lock sequence for EVIC so that we can all take advantage of it. [8D]

I know its seperate from the DVD and Nav unlock system, aparently the EVIC unlock is just a system thing.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:56 PM

Default RE: EVIC - Information Needed

I'll be interested to see if this is true.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:20 PM

I got it. I did some research and playing on my EVIC and I found it

R/T guys that want the ability to have all the electrical componets of a SRT. Well here they are.

if you hold down the Music Note and the Compass Button down at the same time for around 7-10 seconds it will bring up the following menu. I dont know how to automatically get the menu to come up in the regular EVIC browsing but its not hard to pull up. Once you pull it up you will see the following screens. You use your up and down arrows to scroll through the menus like normal

1. CCN Software Info - shows the dated version in your EVIC
2. 0-60 MPH time - WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR
3. MPH - Not sure whats its for
4. Chime Stack - Not sure whats its for
5. Blank Meter - Not sure whats its for
6. Last Chm - gives you the last error chime i beleive
7. Auto HL Sensor - the sensor for your automatic headlights if equipped. The higher the number the more sesitive to light
8. MinL and MinR - Not sure whats its for
9. Compass Raw - Compass calibration I believe
10. Temp Avg - Not sure whats its for
11. Spd / RPM / Eng Temp - Gives you system access to guage the battery, engine temp since those guages are not on our dash boards

If there are any other gear heads that can help me figure what all this stuff means that would be great.

Hope you guys can get it to work. The 0-60mph is pretty damn cool
Old 01-04-2009, 07:49 PM

So you have to have the Mygig deck for it to work? I only got the cd player option...seemed like a good idea until about 5 minutes ago...

-Rench
Old 01-05-2009, 12:02 AM

ORIGINAL: DDC RT

I got it. I did some research and playing on my EVIC and I found it

3. MPH - Not sure whats its for
Just a guess, but maybe it's so you can set an upper limit on speed. (Which may be a good thing if you ever have to let someone else drive your car.) Or, more likely, it lets you record your top speed.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:52 AM

You don't need to have the Mygig, you do need to have the steering wheel mounted controls, which you get with the electronics group. If you have that, then you can access the EVIC.

ORIGINAL: Rench

So you have to have the Mygig deck for it to work? I only got the cd player option...seemed like a good idea until about 5 minutes ago...

-Rench
Old 01-05-2009, 12:23 PM

Also too cheap for that... The only thing I paid for was the motor.

There must be some way to hack in, the steering wheel controls only control stuff on the radio, right?

-Rench
Old 01-05-2009, 02:13 PM

that i don t know about.

But the MPH does record your top speed. Which I hit 143 today. You have to love th HEMI
Old 01-06-2009, 09:57 AM

That's good information, but I haven't had the guts to try it. I'm pretty computer illiterate and am afraid to get somewhere that I can't get out of. I'd hate to have to take the car back to the dealership to un-do something that I shouldn't have done.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:09 AM

ORIGINAL: 05flhtcse

That's good information, but I haven't had the guts to try it. I'm pretty computer illiterate and am afraid to get somewhere that I can't get out of. I'd hate to have to take the car back to the dealership to un-do something that I shouldn't have done.

Dude thats the perfect excuse!!!!!!! So fiddle away & dont be afraid to mess it up.

Quick Reply: EVIC - Information Needed