Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

EVIC - Information Needed

Old 01-06-2009, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EVIC - Information Needed

That would be true if I trusted my dealership to figure out what I had done. I don't. The sales department is good but the shop is Iffy. I'm afraid that will soon be their undoing. The manager thinks it will float on sales only. A good shop will get you through the lean times and help promote return customers. He has let good mechanics go in the past by not paying them what they are worth. He's got a good parts man now but we suffered through a subpar one for a few years. It's all got to work together or you will lose customers. He treats me well do to the fact that I have bought seven new vehicles from him since 1996. I would hate to see them fail during these hard times but I don't think they are going the right direction.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:02 PM

Then i would say tell the service manager what you expressed here or as an alternative tell the owner or GM of the dealership. Since you have purchased so many vehicles there they should value your opinion. If they dont then start looking for another place to get service & ultimately cars as well.

ORIGINAL: 05flhtcse

That would be true if I trusted my dealership to figure out what I had done. I don't. The sales department is good but the shop is Iffy. I'm afraid that will soon be their undoing. The manager thinks it will float on sales only. A good shop will get you through the lean times and help promote return customers. He has let good mechanics go in the past by not paying them what they are worth. He's got a good parts man now but we suffered through a subpar one for a few years. It's all got to work together or you will lose customers. He treats me well do to the fact that I have bought seven new vehicles from him since 1996. I would hate to see them fail during these hard times but I don't think they are going the right direction.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:10 PM

Okay did the note/compass system information thing.

First off cool but WTF, the 0-60 only displays 0-60 then clears itself huh? unless I am missing something seems pretty useless if you are curious about your times and have to watch it instead of watching the road.

As for the MPH, I thought it would have the top speed but no just current speed. The RPM/Speed/Pedal Pressure(interesting) page was neat but after the neat factor subsides its not so cool.

I am curious what the MinL MinR as to what they are referencing.

What else has anyone figured out on this.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:17 PM

i have been using the 0-60 and top speed alot and as long as you dont hit the right arrow it will store your 0-60 time unitl you erase it by hitting the right arrow. The same thing goes for your top speed. Unfortunately since we are driving RT instead of SRT its a hidden option that will only display when you are in the hidden program, once you go back to the regular EVIC it will erase. I love to play with things and have screwed some things up in the past with older vehicle EVIC, but this car doesnt let you mess to much up. I like that.

SIDE NOTE,

if you find you are getting pulled over for hauling A$$ and you are, quickly go into the hidden EVIC and record your top speed when you get closer to the actual speed limit by pressing the right arrow at about 2-3 miles over the speed limit, when the officer tells you you were speeding, show him the top speed indicator and explain it resets at each time and ask him are you sure you didnt accidentally clock another car. Not sure if it will hold up in court, but I plan on trying it if I ever get pulled over.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:03 PM

Let me make certain I understand this. The cop records your speed with a $20k piece of military proven equipment which he had to take a course costing thousdands to learn how to properly use it. This equipment can accurately clock a 1 square inch target at 200 yards, coming or going, and you expect to change his/her mind by showing them your EVIC reading...?

[&:]
Old 01-08-2009, 07:17 AM

ORIGINAL: epegasus

Let me make certain I understand this. The cop records your speed with a $20k piece of military proven equipment which he had to take a course costing thousdands to learn how to properly use it. This equipment can accurately clock a 1 square inch target at 200 yards, coming or going, and you expect to change his/her mind by showing them your EVIC reading...?

[&:]

Dont forget that the radar device has to be registered with the FCC & if its not the ticket is invalid.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: blackblurr
Dont forget that the radar device has to be registered with the FCC & if its not the ticket is invalid.
Most of your big city PDs are going to certainly have the equipment registered. The other loop hole is calibration. Technically you have the right to request proof that the device has been properly tested and calibrated. There should be certification papers in the patrol car to verify this. Also, with the non laser radar, they may have a tuning fork calibration right there in the car. They aim the device at a tuning fork and read the vibration frequency which should be within a pre-specified range. Then there is the question of proper use: angle of attack, humidity compensation (water vapor present in air like mist, dew, fog, etc). With laser, most of this goes out the window and most of them are using laser.

Here's the part that will really tick you off. Guess who provides the lion's share of support to police departments through budget and equipment donations for speed detection devices??? Your friendly, neighborhood insurance companies via their lobbyist organizations. They give them the means by which to get you ticketed thus allowing them to up your rates. Ain't that mightly neighborly of them. "In most cases", not all, the ticket money is expressly for the retirement funds of Judges and law enforcement ocifers. Nothing like a little incentive to get out there and do some ticketing.

Personally, I see cops speeding for no reason EVERY day. If I'm running 80-90 and I'm holding my lane and not tail gating, LEAVE ME THE @#$! ALONE!! But the second I start weaving in and out of traffic or cutting people off and riding their bumpers, hit me with everything you got.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:41 PM

I didnt say it was going to work, but I sure will try, if being polite doesnt work first of course.

Dang you know a lot about police radar guns.

I would hope that I had a drop dead gorgeous blonde in the car with me who could flash her ASSETS and get us off the ticket anyway (JK my wife would kill me)
Old 01-09-2009, 05:06 PM

OK I played in an SRT yesterday while the deck lights were getting replaced with the myGIG update. This is what I found. The inside buttons activate the same stuff that the RT has been doing.
0-60
MPH (still have no clue what records top speed)
Blank meter
RPM/MPH/temps/battery
Compass Raw measurements 0d-359d Outside temp ave/raw
MinLMinRLtRt19gavg? (What in the heck) alignments?
Software (exactly the same SRTvsRT)

As far as same info that is in the ###Performance### page in the SRT - (Lets finger this out as to how to activae it in out RTs)

My service tech was a bit mesmerized by what I was showing him, he said it couldn't be the same in the SRT, then was mesmerized again when I showed him.

One of the techs was trained by dodge on the Challengers and Chargers. It may be the same but the computer has settings that the RT can't get to (unless we figure out how)
Old 01-10-2009, 07:13 PM

Chime stack is the last 8 or so error chimes by importancy ratings but I don't know exactly what they stand for. I know the least important ones have lower values, with most important getting a 25 (like low oil pressure when my wife stalls the manual trans) and seat belts rate only like a 18 or 15. It can be cleared using the steering wheel keys as well.

I think the blank meter is for automatics with the cylinder disable feature when it would show approximate fuel mileage

MinL and MinR give maybe the amount of gas in the left and right saddle bag fuel tanks in pints (if english measure) or liters (if in metric measure). That same display also gives an average total value for both sides combined

Compass Raw s the raw compas direstion of travel in degrees (out of 360)

Temp average is just that, the average outside temp over some number of readings or time to prevent reporting abhorant readings from isolated temperature fluctuations

There is more info on the LXFORUMS on this hidden EVIC DATA but it does vary slightly between R/Ts and SRT8s. Like I think the SRT8s also get a G-meter???

Oh, the top speed recorder (at least for the R/Ts) only records your top speed when in the top speed display and you can clear it to save you the riot act from your wife if necessary.

ORIGINAL: DDC RT

I got it. I did some research and playing on my EVIC and I found it

R/T guys that want the ability to have all the electrical componets of a SRT. Well here they are.

if you hold down the Music Note and the Compass Button down at the same time for around 7-10 seconds it will bring up the following menu. I dont know how to automatically get the menu to come up in the regular EVIC browsing but its not hard to pull up. Once you pull it up you will see the following screens. You use your up and down arrows to scroll through the menus like normal

1. CCN Software Info - shows the dated version in your EVIC
2. 0-60 MPH time - WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR
3. MPH - Not sure whats its for
4. Chime Stack - Not sure whats its for
5. Blank Meter - Not sure whats its for
6. Last Chm - gives you the last error chime i beleive
7. Auto HL Sensor - the sensor for your automatic headlights if equipped. The higher the number the more sesitive to light
8. MinL and MinR - Not sure whats its for
9. Compass Raw - Compass calibration I believe
10. Temp Avg - Not sure whats its for
11. Spd / RPM / Eng Temp - Gives you system access to guage the battery, engine temp since those guages are not on our dash boards

If there are any other gear heads that can help me figure what all this stuff means that would be great.

Hope you guys can get it to work. The 0-60mph is pretty damn cool

Quick Reply: EVIC - Information Needed