Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

emblems

Old 01-09-2009, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: emblems

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Speaking of emblems, Joe, Jack's FINALLY coughed up my grille insignia today.
Very good....they are slow at times, but good prices....Now go put it on...
Well, I went out and actually looked at the front end today. I see no way to get my hand behind the grille. Obviously, another trip to the body shop is in order. However, I was going there anyway to have them disassemble the third brake light and apply the script Challenger cutout decal I obtained to the lens. (Good luck if anyone ever has to replace the bulbs in the light. I see no way to get the unit apart.) When it's all done, I'll post pics.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:48 PM

Hey RG, you ought to ask Greg (Paladin) as he has accomplished it. It looks great on Crush.
Paladin's Challenger Script
Old 01-09-2009, 08:25 PM

OK guys, somehow you missed what I said in my posts about the "grille" emblem. I had the same problem....you can not get your hand behind the grille...just no room. I had to exchange my "grille" emblem for one of the "stick-on" type fender emblems, which Jacks did without questioning me. This is the same one that Greg (Paladin) used on Crush....he did not use the grille emblem. I actually asked him how he mounted the "grille" type emblem, and he steered me to the "stick-on" type. It's the only way to go, and believe me it's not coming off.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:50 PM

I might just go ahead and use one of the stick-on models. Of course now I need to buy a 70 just so I can have an easily-accessible grille to mount one of the "real" grille badges on.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:22 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

I might just go ahead and use one of the stick-on models. Of course now I need to buy a 70 just so I can have an easily-accessible grille to mount one of the "real" grille badges on.
That's a good one...wish I had thought of that one to tell my wife when I wanted to buy a 70 last year.....(but she wouldn't have fallen for that line anyway, and I wouldn't have my 08 SRT today).

I think that's a good idea....buy a 70 Challenger, that way you will not lose your $32.95 investment in the emblem....
Old 01-10-2009, 03:28 AM

Yep, Joe is right. It works like a charm. It's all about making sure you get max surface contact.

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

OK guys, somehow you missed what I said in my posts about the "grille" emblem. I had the same problem....you can not get your hand behind the grille...just no room. I had to exchange my "grille" emblem for one of the "stick-on" type fender emblems, which Jacks did without questioning me. This is the same one that Greg (Paladin) used on Crush....he did not use the grille emblem. I actually asked him how he mounted the "grille" type emblem, and he steered me to the "stick-on" type. It's the only way to go, and believe me it's not coming off.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:32 AM

I ordered 4 Challenger script and 2 R/T stick on emblems from Jack's. I'm in MD., he's in Jersey and it only took 1 day for delivery. These are heavy metal and seem very durable. The R/T looks original to the '70's type vs. my '09 version. I stuck the Challenger and R/T combination on my front drivers side grill and on my rear pasenger side spoiler, just like the 1970 models. I sure checked out alot of pics on different sites to get the proper spacing and correct overall placement in proportion to other parts of the car. Looks incredible with a "resto-mod. personality". They stick hard and will stay put. I applied them in 30 degree temp! I will put the other 2 Challenger emblems under the R/T hood to fender stripes on either side. The front grill stock emblems come off with a little pull and there will be some plastic tabs to cut away with an exacto knife to clear out the grill squares behind the old emblems. I figure I can glue on the old emblems in the future if need be. Also found on ebay from "Junkmann", repro. script Challenger labels to replace the ones over the glove box. As of 1/8/09, he only had 6 left. Awaiting delivery and will see if it works. Good Luck others!
Old 02-20-2009, 04:44 AM

How do those emblem's come off. Are they stick on ?
ORIGINAL: DDC RT

I tried something different tonight, I pulled the stock grille emblems and centered the Challenger emblem in the grille. I will be putting R/T badges on the front fender so I thought this would make it a little different. Here is an upclose picture. Looks a lot better when standing back looking at the whole front but this pic is all I took. What do you think. The great thing is its easy to move if I dont like it after all

[IMG]local://upfiles/2126/216D6D8972334FC38C84083A26083A25.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-20-2009, 07:41 PM

I popped mine off this morning, took me all but 5secs to pop the clips, i'm actually sirprised it hasn't been stolen.... anyways my Classic script emblem also came in, I was going to epoxy mineon certain areas to really get it fixed but if the double sided tape really does adhere, maybe I'll just run that for the time being. I'm also installing my clear headlamp covers as well, this will keep my lights clean and bright and pit free.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:45 PM

Where did you get the headlight covers, CC?

Quick Reply: emblems