Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

6SPDHEMI vs. WS6

Old 01-26-2009, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6SPDHEMI vs. WS6

Well I had my first official street race in the Challenger today. I was cruising along on a normal 45 mph road when I heard this car fly past me. It was a WS6 Trans Am and it sounded awesome. I was about to make a right turn but I saw him stop for the yellow light and figured "what the heck". I pulled up and waited for the green left turn arrow to turn to yellow and tacked up to 3500rpms. He did the same and HOW! All I could hear was his exhaust! I should have turned the traction control off but left it on since the roads around here are not the greatest right now. The light changed and I dumped it and the wheels spun but that choppy spin I hate that! He took me a bit off the line but I hit 2nd and caught him and just passed when I hit 3rd. I looked at the speedo real quick and realized we were over 100 mph and the police station was about a 1/2 mile away so I got off it but boy was that fun!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:59 PM

Default RE: 6SPDHEMI vs. WS6

nice! the street cred for the R/T is slowly growing! i take it his was a manual as well?
Old 01-30-2009, 07:26 AM

The WS6 is the car that got me into cars! Not that I ever had one, but drooled over them all through college. All I wanted was 350 horse and a 13.1 1/4. Looks like I got one better.

My neighbor has one, an 01 or 02, that's got like 3500 miles on it total. Might have to drag him out this spring to independently test your race. [sm=gears.gif]

-Rench
Old 01-30-2009, 04:09 PM

I pulled up to the light on our 4 lane bypass the other day . A guy with a older chevy S-10 with a 350 I belive in it . wide tire's on the rear and stickers in the rear window from speed parts. And big tach on the dash . It was sounding off like a healthy small block . He reved it a few time's shaking his truck . I turned the ESP completely off . Side stepped the clutch at about 1400 rpm . Enough that the tires squaled good for a few feet . He was next to me till I hit 2nd and then bye bye Chevy. Not sure what I got up to but was doing 80 after letting off of it. The truck didn't pass me till after I turned off. Not looking for a race . But couldn't resist.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicccce. I hate to say it but we have to make up for 30 years of off time. Way to represent. These R/Ts are for real and the street is just now getting a big taste I have sent a few home with a new found respect for 2008-2009 Challengers. And I have not modded yet
Old 02-03-2009, 09:32 AM

ORIGINAL: lear4406

Nicccce. I hate to say it but we have to make up for 30 years of off time. Way to represent. These R/Ts are for real and the street is just now getting a big taste I have sent a few home with a new found respect for 2008-2009 Challengers. And I have not modded yet
you have an R/T lear? and anyone else with kill stories with a stock R/T? i love hearin 'em cause then i know what my car will do!
Old 02-03-2009, 10:59 AM

WS6s are no joke especially with some bolt on mods. Cam'd alone I've heard upper 300s.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:08 PM

About a month ago I did 2 runs at 60-120mph against a 2001 6-speed WS6 T/A, bone stock with 120K on it. Starting in 3rd gear, we were neck and neck, but when I had to go into 4th, he actually started pulling away from me slightly both times. We both shut it down at around 120, by that time he was abut a car and a half length ahead of me. Later on we stopped and chatted - I was sure he'd modded his engine, but he claimed it was totally stock.

I've had 3 LS1s, and they are really something. Plus the T/A was a bit more aerodynamic than the Challenger, not to mention about 700-800 lbs lighter. Interesting race, though.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:45 PM

Great example of how really fast this car will get up to speed:

I was on the highway heading north from Houston to Dallas last weekend, doing about 70, just cruising along. Up beside me comes a white BMW 3-series something or other. Ball-cap-on-backwards kid with the girl wearing reeeeaaallly bad "Jackie O" type sunglasses. I didn't notice at first, but then he's next to me making his car lurch forward. No traffic, no nothing, so I downshifted and hammered it. Next thing I know, I'm going about 125 and the Polo shirt model and his wundercar are waaaaayyyyy the hell back there. I brought it back down to 75 again, but he never came close to me after that.

America Uber Alles.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes bigdaddy (that sounds kinda funny) I have an R/T 6-speed. I have run a GTO and a few Mustangs. Also a few sport utes that are remembering the old days of the dinosaurs. And a Toyota Tundra that needed an education in mass transit I did get my butt handed to me by a SRT-8 Magnum. I chose the wrong gear and he walked me by 2 cars. I'll be at Charlotte in April for the Pinks meet. I'll see what she'll do in the quarter and post my results.