Notices
Sights N Sounds Post your pics, videos, and sound clips here.

Wrecked R/T

Old 03-19-2009, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it were hit while parked, the airbags wouldn't have gone off, unless they left the key in the ignition and in the on position. If the passenger seat has a sensor for the airbag, it means that someone was also in the passenger seat, or at least something heavy enough to make it believe someone was sitting there.

Roof wise, it looks like it's not totally attached, possibly cut, or maybe just peeled back from the door frame? The hinges on the door look undamaged so it is possible that the door still worked, though highly unlikely.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:29 PM

That about made me sick. Not much left of it salvagable, except maybe the mirrors and some of the wheels ???
Old 03-21-2009, 05:20 AM

It's sad, I hope the driver is OK
Old 03-21-2009, 07:44 AM

this was on another mopar board, it was an 85yr old woman driving this, couldn't stop, hit a light standard or something at a high rate of speed, I think her son survived, I'll find the thread and post it. It was a sad story.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:41 AM

Grandma HAD to be doing in excess of 70 mph to do that kind of damage. Must have hit either a light pole or tree. A telephone pole should have snapped when a 2 ton car hit it. It also looks like it caught on fire judging from the lack of paint at the windshield/roof line and inner trunk lid.
This is truly sad, and another example of why we should be road tested every few years once we reach our late 60's. How many times have you heard/read about an elderly man/woman mistaking the accelerator pedal for the brake? Children have been run over - in their own driveways, drive-through windows made - in places that aren't supposed to have drive-through windows (banks, convenient stores, etc), .......
It's a shame.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:33 AM

oh was that the lady from florida i remember that now it happend like 6 months ago yea she is dead it is the sons fault he bought her the car
Old 03-23-2009, 03:26 AM

Yep, that sounds familiar. I believe we talked about it on here. Last we talked about it, I believe he was in the hospital.

And I agree with the testing, but there seems to be so many interest groups out there, AARP and such, that the government is afraid to step in. I guess people dying is more important then stepping on toes. I had an old man come from clear across the street, very wide road, and hit my parked car. He never drove again until the day he died, just a shame that it takes that to make someone realize that maybe they shouldn't be driving.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:48 PM

Makes me wonder about the throttle sticking issue some have had.....
Old 03-24-2009, 02:29 AM

I think some people have talked about this on here and I didn't pay it much mind until recently. It seems that in the morning when I first start the car and reverse, after I come out a bit of the parking space and then push the clutch, the RPM will suddenly jump fairly high, to about 1,500. I'm not sure how high it would get as I put it in first and let off the clutch, a little, to bring the idle back down, but it is a slight concern as it didn't do it before. It's only the first thing in the morning when it's cold so no driving experiences, other then reverse, thankfully. That is worrisome enough.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:00 PM

Default It only takes seconds for a accident

As one who had a new 71 Challenger R/T automatic with 340 . I nailed the throttle and it wouldn't back off. Went into a curve fighting the car. If you turned the key off it locked the steering . I lost control when the car shifted and left the road . Went though a yard with a fence post at the walk way. It split my driver side fender into and the front wheel pushed to the door . It went out into a field before it stopped. I later learned they had a recall of some throttle cable's being too long and mine was one of them . But I had sold the car after it was fixed before I learned that. My 09 R/T 6 speed throttle stuck at 1500 a month or so ago backing out of the drive way . And when I hit the throttle with clutch in . The RPM stayed at 2500 till I turned the engine off and restarted . Hasn't done it again. But I had talk with the dealer . Said they hadn't had any problem's with it . I can see a 85 year old woman not being able to think what to do no better than I did with 71 R/T . It is sad.

Quick Reply: Wrecked R/T