Notices
Sights N Sounds Post your pics, videos, and sound clips here.

Wrecked R/T

Old 03-24-2009, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With all the vehicles I have owned...I have only had one throttle issue...with my 84 Monte Carlo SS...had to do with the cruise control...
As far as the 85 year old woman and the Challenger are concerned....she had no business being behind the wheel if she had such little skill...sorry but that's the truth and her son killed her just the same as if he had shot her by putting her behind the wheel. He should be facing charges....for being that stupid. It's stupid things people did like this years ago that killed the performance car the first time around.
High Performance Car + Low Performance Driver = trouble, and people getting hurt...
(now stepping off my soap box)
Old 03-24-2009, 04:59 PM

My Dad is 86 and could probably drive circles around alot of people.
Some "old" people are not brain dead...think about it.
He has millions of miles under his belt.
Matter of fact he has backed more miles than some people have gone forward.
Yes,some old people should not be behind the wheel,but some are just fine.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:20 AM

Red face

Originally Posted by RUBBERBNDMAN
My Dad is 86 and could probably drive circles around alot of people.
Some "old" people are not brain dead...think about it.
He has millions of miles under his belt.
Matter of fact he has backed more miles than some people have gone forward.
Yes,some old people should not be behind the wheel,but some are just fine.
I agree, and didn't mean to imply that all "older" drivers are bad. But we all need to know and drive within our limitations....many don't. And, this is one reason why many young drivers get into trouble..they drive way beyond their limitations because they don't know any better in many cases. Today's cars handle and brake much better than those in the past, and this helps to pull many a persons butt out of a situration that would usually end with an accident....but, on the other hand because of this, today's cars also give many new drivers a feeling that they do many "unsafe" manuvers and get away with it, time and again. Sooner or later the odds will catch up to you....
Again: High Performance Cars + Low Performance Drivers = trouble
Old 03-26-2009, 09:42 AM

And I have to agree, but that's in all classes. It's kind of funny that we rarely hear about the drunk drivers, unless they kill someone, curious as to the age range in that, seniors crashing, again unless they kill someone, but they sure like to rag on the young crowd that can't vote and has no rights or special interest groups protecting them.

Here's what I think, we all can screw up and we all have at one point or another, small or large. It may make us a bad driver depending on the outcome, it may just be a small mistake, but one thing I think should happen is retesting. After so many years or after a certain age, you should be retested, both written and driving test.

I looked at the driving test book recently and there are things in there that I didn't know about because they weren't in there when I took the test. Child seats, I believe it was, and airbags. I know about it in the driving world, but didn't know it was part of the test now. I forgot about the colors of curbs, yellow, blue and red. See them all the time, but don't give them much thought as I don't usually park next to them. Check your state's driving book out, ours is online, you might be surprised what's in there now.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:32 AM

i remember reading a story of a old lady driving a 08 srt8 and wrecking it... no idea if she died or not but her son was in the car with her at the time. she was something like 90!?!?!
was the article posted on here??? maybe it was svtp i'll have to look.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:50 PM

I believe this was the 90 year old lady and her son in south Florida, which I posted a while back. The last I read it was for her birthday, she died and her son was listed critical. Yes they did hit a pole going around a corner of some sort, maybe an off-ramp I believe.