Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Two Hemi engine's

Old 03-31-2009, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Hemi engine's

How many that have a R/T have had to explain they are two Hemi engine's. I've had so many people ask . Does it have the HEMI ! You'd think they are talking about the old 426 Hemi . Most look disapointed when I tell them they make two . A 6.1 and 5.7 . The 6.1 is in the SRT and 5.7 in the R/T . Few even know they make they make a SRT . With all the good stuff but more $$$$$ . And worth it I think if you can afford it . I'm happy with my R/T . But I don't look at it as down grade. But what fit's my need's . Should Dodge have put a 5.7 emblem on the hood like the 6.1 on the SRT
Old 03-31-2009, 02:05 PM

I here ya!!! I have had to explain this many times.
If the dealer hadn't wanted 3 grand over MSRP I probably would have gotten the 6.1.
To me that's like going to the grocery store and paying a buck fifty for eggs that are priced a dollar per dozen.....I ain't doin it!!
But I'm really happy with the R/T
Old 04-01-2009, 03:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When asked "does that thing have a Hemi in it" I just say yeah. I went through Burger King and the cashier told all the guys inside to look at the new car. One kid stuck his head out and said yeah man its got the Hemi as he read it off the hood. The place emptied out and I had to answer a few questions about the R/T. I thought they were going to go balistic when I told them it was a 6-speed. People love this car. I had one guy on our forum refer to it as "attention Whore". I never asked for any attention but have had to learn to deal with it. Its just a nicely put together car and people will like what they like. I think only the enthusiest will know the difference between the Hemis.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:11 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by KyChallengerR/T6spd
Few even know they make they make a SRT . With all the good stuff but more $$$$$ . And worth it I think if you can afford it .
......Oh yes....well worth it..............

(I was going to wait and buy an 09 RT...but when the wife said "let's buy it"...well who was I to say No.....glad I went for it.....never been happer with any Chrysler product I have owned as I am with my SRT....)
Old 04-01-2009, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by BLK 6050
......Oh yes....well worth it..............

(I was going to wait and buy an 09 RT...but when the wife said "let's buy it"...well who was I to say No.....glad I went for it.....never been happer with any Chrysler product I have owned as I am with my SRT....)
Did you have to pay more than list???
I couldn't find a dealer that would even come down to list price!!
My R/T is the only car I've ever purchased that I had to pay more than 300 over invoice. Walkin out of the dealerships didn't work with these cars. The mere threat of walking usually get's em crawfishin.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:37 AM

I purchased in August of 2008....The dealer had a $5,000.00 "market adjustment" on all SRT's...(Down from what they were marked at..$10,000.00 over sticker) I told the dealer that I wouldn't even consider paying a "market adjustment". Long story short, I paid a little over, but nowhere near what it started at and with what I needed for my trade-in, etc. etc...I feel I received a good deal for a car that was in demand at the time. Not a great deal, but a fair deal. (It helped that I was dealing with the owners son....)
Old 04-01-2009, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by BLK 6050
I purchased in August of 2008....The dealer had a $5,000.00 "market adjustment" on all SRT's...(Down from what they were marked at..$10,000.00 over sticker) I told the dealer that I wouldn't even consider paying a "market adjustment". Long story short, I paid a little over, but nowhere near what it started at and with what I needed for my trade-in, etc. etc...I feel I received a good deal for a car that was in demand at the time. Not a great deal, but a fair deal. (It helped that I was dealing with the owners son....)
Yea I couldn't get em to back down off of that "Market Adjustment". So I thought I would just go with better fuel mileage instead. No regrets. I would have loved to have had the big boy but I'm good with little brother.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:14 PM

Cool Why I Had to have the BIG HEMI

True story.
Me and my wife were out test driving the new Porsche Cayenne Turbo with 500 plus Hp (for Her). And let me tell you they are extremly fast!!!!!!
The dealer even gives you a Gold pen to sign your first ticket with.
So anyway, after that i siad since we are out lets go drive the Challenger i have been thinking about buying.
So we did.
First the RT which was fun. and then the SRT8.
I made the Salesman just about cry as i drove down Baseline Rd at rush Hour, but what a blast.
We pulled up to the dealership and me and my wife sat in the car and disscussed this purchase. I siad so what do you think? She siad you need to buy this car. I said, really why is that? She responded because you look hot in it and it makes me horney.
THAT CAR WAS LEAVING WITH ME......
Luckily the Dealership was hurtin for a sale, so i only paid $1,000 over MSRP. But it took me gettin in my truck to pull that off. Thank god they came and got me, because after what she siad I was buying that car.
Oh ya, I was allowed 1 ticket according to my wife and I got it the next day at 100 mph north of Phoenix on the I-17.
The funny thing was THAT I COULDNT FIND MY GOLD PEN.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:04 PM

I was this close <> to callin the dealer and tellin him to sell my SRT8 that was almost to delivery when I saw a picture of the R/T in white.I didn't buy this car for the speed or power,merely for the looks.When they first announced the concept,before there was any talk/mention of the powertrain I said short of sellin my bike I'll do WHATEVER I have to to get one.The 6.1 was just a bonus as far as I'm concerned.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:21 PM

Default It Aint about the Power ???

RoadAgent,
I agree with you in respect to the looks of the car. The car is awsome, thats what drew me to it.
But to say the POWER doesnt matter makes no sense to me. If a car looks as good and mean as the challenger but has no balls what a pitty...
I know if I was that car I would want the biggest balls my driver could handle and afford.
I am already planning a Pro Charger Super Charger for my Baby.

Theres no better feeling then leav'in them in the dust. And if you think it turns heads now just think what it will do with raw Muscle.

Quick Reply: Two Hemi engine's