Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Best Cat Back System ?

Old 06-03-2009, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finding the right exhaust system is like finding the right woman. The process is too personal. Everyone has a different opinion. Your best bet is to go out to some car shows and cruise-ins and see what others are running and hear for yourself. The youtube experience is OK but will not give you the same experience of being right there. The alternative of buying and being disatisfied is too expensive. I'm not really in the market for an aftermarket exhaust myself. I thought I would like the Zoomer until I heard them, they are quality but the sound is not to my tastes. So far, to my tastes, I like the Corsa. Someone said that they didn't like the SLP Loudmouth system, I don't either but the Loudmouth II's are not too bad. So, as you can see, there are as many favorites as there are systems. You better hear it for yourself before you decide. Good Luck.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:59 AM

I agree 100% 05flh. Right now, where I live, there are not many other Challys on the street to compare different exhausts. Now that Summer is coming should be easier to find some. I like the Corsa (from Youtube anyway) but not crazy about spending all that $$, thats why I was interested in hearing some input on the Flowmasters and Magnaflow systems.

10Sec... how loud is your Magnaflow?? Any of that drone sound at hi speed? Like I said I dont wantn anything too loud just a little more aggressive than stock.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by cres171
I agree 100% 05flh. Right now, where I live, there are not many other Challys on the street to compare different exhausts. Now that Summer is coming should be easier to find some. I like the Corsa (from Youtube anyway) but not crazy about spending all that $$, thats why I was interested in hearing some input on the Flowmasters and Magnaflow systems.

10Sec... how loud is your Magnaflow?? Any of that drone sound at hi speed? Like I said I dont wantn anything too loud just a little more aggressive than stock.
I also have headers and no cats. So it is pretty loud. But I do not have nay drone what so ever since I shut off the MDS.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:20 AM

My issue primarily with the SLP's was fitment-it SUCKED. Tips hung down about 3 inches below cutouts in rear valance, looked like crap. SLP tried to BS by showing me pix of a Different system saying it was the installers fault which is bull. The tips are going to hang according to the hanger they have welded on the tips duh. Not pleased with thier service and will not buy from them again, thus I cannot recommend them. It was like night and day when I got the corsa system-high quality and perfect fit.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:36 AM

I just got my magnaflow #16515 in the mail an hour ago. I will post some video up of it. Here is a guy who put it on his. Pretty good write up he did.

http://speedysgarage.net/challengerw...flow_16515.htm
Old 06-04-2009, 08:03 AM

Zoomers

Before... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tAu7RwtrI4
After.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r8KakY6Y1w
Old 06-04-2009, 09:21 AM

The Zoomers sound great but louder than what I'm lookin for...thanks
Old 06-04-2009, 02:46 PM

Then Corsas are what u want little louder than stock, nice decel growl and NO drone at any speed.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:46 PM

I deleted my resonators. put straight pipe and stock tips. $250.00 sounds great, no drone.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:39 AM

Dark...how does it sound? I would imagine sounds the same as stock but a little louder??? Anyone else try this??

Quick Reply: Best Cat Back System ?