Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger, New and Old

Old 09-30-2006, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger, New and Old

I was saddened by the fact that they are only going to offer the 6.1 as the SRT-8 option. I was really hoping for the 500+ barrier to be opened as a stock option. They could easily boost the Viper up to keep it creme of the crop.

I guess I'll have to put all the balls into my '70. And cruise the '08. I like the rendering of the convertible concept on the '08.

This is a pretty informative web page:

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

Ever heard of the 610hp 6.1L? Check out this web page:

http://www.pfcenterprises.com/

I like the looks of the 392 HEMI

By the way, check out this web page, lots of good stuff for those restoring E-Bodies with new stuff:

http://www.thehemi.com/newhemiswap.php
Old 09-30-2006, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Challenger, New and Old

I am sure they will have a lot of aftermarket add ons that will take it to 500 HP.

Yes, we are all too familiar with Allpar as everybody seems to want to take their postings as gospel truth.

Just be careful as some of what they post, they make it like they were the origins of what they got somewheres else.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: mosleyle

I was saddened by the fact that they are only going to offer the 6.1 as the SRT-8 option. I was really hoping for the 500+ barrier to be opened as a stock option. They could easily boost the Viper up to keep it creme of the crop.
So there wont be a 6.6 version?

ORIGINAL: mosleyle I like the rendering of the convertible concept on the '08.

Anybody have a link to said convertable rendering?
Old 09-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Administrator

i get blue in the face trying to tell people...ALL allpar does, is spread rumors...half of the information is stuff that this page had on the homepage 6 months ago...including engine possibilities...the rest, are just rumors that people "hear", or "discuss informally"...

if it would make everyone happy, i could start making up 'sources' to back up rumors, and posting them here...someone should sue allpar for making so many people believe rumors as being fact..i had more pictures and video before allpar had anything other than the grainy spy shots, which every site had...and before most of the big magazines did. hell, amanda and i have been IN the DETCHA car...and i have taken hundreds of pictures, inside, outside, and under the hood...but no one seems to notice...

if everyone looks around the homepage a bit, all of the same info is there...just without the rumors passed as fact...i point out that things that are rumors are just that.

just one of my many authentic pictures...

[IMG]local://upfiles/4/E9EC24B469364A38AD1C31B6FA9B579B.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-30-2006, 03:35 PM

Exactly why I avoid Allpar. I feel like I have a pretty good source in my brother in law (marketing director for a multi-line dealership group in Phoenix and Tucson) and he openly admits they don't know a thing yet. He also said to skip the whole deposit thing. They tried that when they hybrids were hot and sales guys ignored those with deposits in favor of the live bodies at the dealership even if the folks with a deposit were less than an hour away. After that they dumped the whole concept of taking deposits. You need to always keep a healthy and respectful skepticism when people post stuff claiming they know about what features or pricing will be when we are over a year away.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:06 AM

Anybody for a Challenger Convertible?

[IMG]local://upfiles/451/FA0DF5DEDBFD43E9A593E83A598A24EF.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-01-2006, 01:00 AM
Administrator

just so that everyone knows...that car doesnt exist...usually, that picture has "a so-and-so depiction"...its a photoshop.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:02 AM

first, to the admins...Please let me say that although Ive only been here for 2 days, I appreciate your patience and hope that a valued resource such as yourself will continue to post any and all info you might have, and know that its most welcomed.

...and to mosleyle:

THANKS FOR THAT CONVERTI PIC!!!!

YOU DA MAN!!!

...HOW SICK IS THAT THING!!??

me likey!
Old 10-01-2006, 01:03 AM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

just so that everyone knows...that car doesnt exist...usually, that picture has "a so-and-so depiction"...its a photoshop.

ahhh well, we can dream cant we!
Old 10-01-2006, 05:49 PM

Like I said, just a rendering, but man, that sure would be sweet. I'm thinking a sick little convertible to go along side my '70.

I've read that a covertible is not that far fetched, and in the works. I'll have to find the article and post.

I wonder why they chose a '70 convertible when they originally planned and designed the Challenger Concept???

Quick Reply: Challenger, New and Old