Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What is up with this???

Old 10-04-2006, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is up with this???

I say we look closely at the wonderful photos of the Challenger that are on this site or other Challenger pics and talk a bit more about the vehicle and what we think will be droped or stay in production. Did we look at these pics close enough?

I want to start with the awesome parking lights. Will these light make it to production? I pray they do because to me they really bring out the boldness of the vehicle. It will make the Challenger distingwishable at night. I can already imagine what Mustang, Camaro and Corvette owners will think when they see those 6-shooter handgun bullet chamber looking lights in there rearview mirrors!

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/p...Type=6&apage=4

Old 10-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: What is up with this???

I hope they make it to production, I don't know why they wouldn't. I love that style. That was one thing I hated about the 98-04 Intrepids. Mine has lights going across the trunk with the name "Intrepid" in front of the white reverse lights.

All in all, the only thing about the Challenger that I would like them to change would be to have some smaller rims. I'm not crazy about this tend of having huge rims.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Administrator

the larger rims are already done...they rub, so they have been showing the car with the stock charger srt8 wheels...or dont you like them either?

i would rather have some fat tires and small rims...
Old 10-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

the larger rims are already done...they rub, so they have been showing the car with the stock charger srt8 wheels...or dont you like them either?

i would rather have some fat tires and small rims...
Well my issue is more that the Challenger looks like a car from the early 70s and those rims remind me of some cars such as Caprices that have these hidious over 20 inch all chrome rims that could be mistaken as dinner plates. I thing they should have more of a retro rim like the Mustang has.

Although the Charger has some classic inspiration styling, it isn't a retro and it looks modern, namely the rear reminds me of the 300M. I don't mind the rims on the Charger SRT-8 as much because it looks a lot more modern than the Challenger.

I guess I would prefer something like a 17 inch. I think if they did that, it would look like it had been "pimped out." There is nothing I hate looking at more than "pimped out" cars. It is cruel and unusual punishment to those poor cars. But I won't shed any tears for any Olds Cieras because those have it coming. Punish the crappy car!

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Administrator

i hear ya there...i want some fatty turbine wheels with 26x11.5x15 hoosier QTPs...

by the way, i uploaded 20-30 new pictures in the challenger gallery.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Okay what just happened? Amanda's post disappeared and your post replaced it with the mentioning about the new pictures.

Anyways, 26X11.5X15 hoosier QTPs...Hmm...can you say traction?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Administrator

i had to log in under her name to post the new pictures...it wouldnt let me, and i didnt want to create new galleries...i then forgot and posted as her...

As for the QTPs, alot of guys will talk up the BFG drag radials, and the mickeys, Ive always had such good luck with hoosiers. I dont mean to lead people to believe that the MTs and BFGs arent great tires, but Im happy with my hoosiers...ive pulled 1.6x 60 foot times in a 3700 pound car, running basically stock 1983 suspension.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

LOL! The funny thing was I was about to post a reponse to her about how I haven't seen her on here for a long time.

Anyways, doesn't Good Year make tires to those specs. We all have our favorites, nothing wrong with boosting your favorite brand. Aren't those Hoosiers less expensive than Mickey Thompsons and BFGs?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Administrator

i run a 26x11.5x15 in hoosier QTPs on amandas truck...they are listed as being 162 a piece on jegs.com
i also have a hoosier 26.0/10.0-15 slick on the mirada, they are only 150 on jegs.com

looking on jegs.com:
for the MTs, the closest that i found was a 255-60-15 (which would be 27x10.03x15) they are 155
for the BFGs, the closest that i found was a P275/50R15 (which would be 26.8x10.82x15) they are 137

so the hoosiers are more expensive, but i didnt pay that much for them...also, while the MTs and BFGs might be better, my traction is so good, that i dont see how my traction could get better on either vehicle. howeve,r the hoosiers are a little tough on the street, and ive been caught in the rain once and it WASNT pretty...so when the demon is ready for some new shoes, im not sure what we will buy. hoosier does make a far more streetable tire, which i used to run...and they are about the same price as the QTPs...
Old 10-05-2006, 10:29 AM

Default New Picture

I believe this pic is new. Mirada would know but I haven't seen it before.

Anyway, I absolutely love the fact that the car has rear windows and when down open the entire side windows up with no pillars. Just like then did back in the 60's - 70's. Being 29, I used to wish that I could have lived and experienced the muscle car era for myself. I do not have to wish anymore!!!