Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...
View Poll Results: If Billet Tech made (Challenger) exhaust tips, would you be interested?
YES I'm definitely interested!
57.14%
No not really, but thanks for asking.
42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Billet Tech exhaust tips?

Old 01-15-2010, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Billet Tech exhaust tips?

Gauging interest here... please respond if you'd like to see something like this.

I have a Dynomax catback on my Challenger that I love but the 4 x 7 inch rectangular tips it came with are cheesy, so I've been looking around for options. Problem is, there aren't many that will fit the rectangular bumper notches on the Challenger. And especially when you factor in the 3" pipes that the tips mount to. I tried the OEM tips but they're 2.5" and the narrowing at the mounting point actually hurt performance - yes, I could feel my free flowing exhaust choking, so I took them off.

My research has found almost nothing out there for the Challenger. The tips that come on other catbacks like the Corsa and MBRP etc are either not sold separately or they are 2.5" pipes like the factory ones. You can also find dual round tips, but to me they look too much like what's on a zillion Pontiacs out there. The closest thing I've been able to find to something I'd accept are the Pypes brand EVT88 (pictured below) and even won't work as they narrow down to 2.5 inch openings before opening back out again.

Since there's nothing available, I started looking around for someone who can make tips, and Billet Tech is the first vendor that say they can potentially do this. What I'd like to know is how many other people would buy them if Billet tech made them? I'm picturing 2 styles in 2 inlet sizes each, let me know if you'd like to see others.

Potential Style 1: Similar to the OEM tip (rectangular with rolled edge), 2.5" inlet -OR- 3" inlet, outlet is rectangular "angle cut" measuring 4" x 8" . This will nicely fill the opening under the bumper, and look upgraded but not over the top. Would fit OEM exhaust or many aftermarket systems.

Potential Style 2: Similar to the Pypes tips shown below, 2.5" inlet -OR- 3" inlet, outlet is dual side by side rectangles 3.5" high by 3.7" wide, 1/4"separation, totaling 4" x 8" side by side. Two main differences from the Pypes tips: Edges of the outlets will be rolled (rather than cut like the Pypes), and there will be no narrowing of the inlet just past where the pipe enters it.

So that's it. Please post up if you'd buy something like this if Billet Tech made it, and what other style(s) you'd like to see. If enough people want them, Heidi at BT says they'll make them. I'll run a Group Buy if we get enough people. We don't have final costs yet, but I suspect a pair of tips would be between $200 and $300, and even less if enough people sign up.

So far there's 22+ people "signed up" between 2 of the Challenger forums. Note that these tips would fit on many other cars, not just a Challenger. Please YES vote here if you'd be interested in something like these tips.
Attached Thumbnails evt88-tip.jpg  
Old 01-16-2010, 03:58 PM

Is there really no one interested in these here? Theres about 35 people signed up for them across the other Challenger forums....
Old 01-16-2010, 08:34 PM

Default Style 2--Tips

I'd be interested--IF they had 3" inlet at the narrow going into the dual outlet--
Old 01-16-2010, 09:15 PM

Excellent!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:32 AM

Bump for visibility!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:41 PM

any idea how much does this auto parts cost if shipped outside the US? thanks for any help. have a good day
Old 01-25-2010, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by redcarwire
any idea how much does this auto parts cost if shipped outside the US? thanks for any help. have a good day
Depending on where you are, probably about $50 USD. But that's just a guess.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:34 AM

Default Polished Aluminum Exhaust tips

When will they be available?
Old 01-26-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by cfan
When will they be available?
Dunno yet, it's still a concept. Ran the idea by BT, they said if there was enough interest they'd probably build them. So I've been collecting responses across all the forums (55+ yes's so far!). Might be a month or two before they're available.