Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Memeber from NY

Old 10-05-2006, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Memeber from NY

Hi all. I've been lurking on this site for a while now (since just before the 'official' release was made), but just got around to joining. This seems like a very friendly/enjoyable/informative forum. When the GTO was introduced, I remember my disappointment with the fact that it's only connection to the original was the name. When the Mustang was introduced, I thought, 'Boy, if only Chyrstler would do that with a classic Mopar'. Charger - strike 1. Challenger - Home Run! So here I am.

I've never owned a Challenger - came close while in college (no time, money, or place to store it), but have always loved the styling of them. I have experienced some Dodge performance in the past (1986 Dodge Omni GLHS Turbo & 1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo), but nothing like a Hemi V-8.

As my login indicates, I'm hoping there is a version of this car available with even greater performance than the SRT-8. My dream would be for the Challenger to be offered as a base model (V6, lower cost, to appeal to those more interested in syling than performance), an R/T (similar to the Charger R/T - lower production, higher performance), an SRT-8 version (lower production still - again, similar to Charger SRT-8). And then the Bad Boy. Something along the lines of the new Cobra. Put whenever you need in it to top 500 HP. Limit production, and make the price high enough that it won't bleed sales from the Viper. To make it even more appealing, offer some 'classic' touches that wouldn't add a lot to production costs, but yet make the finished product even more distinctive. I'm thinking along the lines of a Shaker Hood, replacing the ram emblem on the hood with the classic 'D O D G E' letters across the hood, perhaps even some classic colors (Plum Crazy, SubLime, etc.).

Enough rambling. I look forward to interacting with all of you guys. You seem like a great group.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: New Member from NY

Welcome aboard and enjoy the passion of the Challenger. I think we are a pretty good group too.

If you have been lurcking since before the release....you been lurking for almost a year. We would have enjoyed you sooner.

Now I feel deprieved. LOL!

Enjoy!
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: New Memeber from NY

Welcome to the site Hopinga4T/A! Wish you would have joined a long time ago. Please join in any conversation you feel like, we'd love to have your input. We do our best to keep this a friendly site. We want people to have a good, enjoyable experience here.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-10-2006, 12:01 PM

Default RE: New Memeber from NY

Welocme to the site dude.....