Notices
Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Security System?

Old 01-01-2009, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security System?

I was thinking about going to get a security system put in tomorrow, what do you think? My dealer told me that it would be impossible to steal my car with the keyless ignition system, but I'm sure if someone wanted it, they would find a way. The only thing inside the car is my touch screen stereo and I wouldn't know how someone would get that out of the car. I just don't know, I'm torn. I just don't want to get a good security system and have it go off every other minute because of some moron driving by with bass. I was thinking about the paging system that alerts me if someone breaks in. Is an alarm needed and/or worth it?

Old 01-02-2009, 06:50 AM

Default RE: Security System?

the paging systems are a decent type of alarm, and you are right, anyone who REALLY wants what you have is going to take it regardless of what alarm you use, just shy of a pitbull sitting on your front seat...... the only concern I would have is with newer cars and teh immobilizers systems that are factory. Some of these don't like another systems meshing in, with bypasses and such.... do your homework, I find Autostart does have a great alarm/starter/paging system and does sync alot better with oem systems.

A pricey $$ but worth the peace of mind in my opinion.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:43 AM

Thank you. I did some more research and am going with the Omega Security System. I'm going to do the alarm and paging system. I don't need the start up feature. They said that the Omega System would page me within 2 seconds after a break in, as opposed to the Viper System which would page me 10 seconds after a break in. They said it's compatible with the oem, but it depends on how good the installer is. They said that the alarm sends a negative signal to unlock and disable the factory alarm each time. When you arm the car, it sends a positive signal to arm both the factory and the Omega alarm. This way, I would be armed with 2 alarms. I have an appointment tomorrow to install it, so I will let you know how it goes and if it's worth it.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:36 PM

I just got home from getting my Omega Alarm put in. When I dropped it off this morning, they told me that it would take 2 hours to complete. Well, 8 hours later they were finally done. They haven't done a Challenger yet and they said was extremely complicated. I ended up getting the paging and alarm system. They said that there will be a GPS add on coming out that I could add real easily. I'll let you know if I have any problems with it. So far, so good. A little piece of mind goes a long way.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:57 AM

With newer cars like ours many thefts occur by putting the car on a rollback wrecker and just taking the the car with no damage. Then it's chopped.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:42 AM

JimmyK88 I have a Viper on my '03 Ram, it has the GPS tracking feature as well. When my alarm is triggered I get an instant notification. I have the option of being notified via email and or cell phone. I can also start my car, track it, or disable the engine via computer, or cell phone. It notifies you of low battery or battery disconnect. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's better than your system, I just wanted to let you know it's also a good system. Having said that I am still looking for an alarm system for my Challenger I want to make sure I have the most up to date alarm. As tskatz said now days thieves try to disable the battery or alarm siren and put the vehice on a flatbed and drive it off. That's why a tilt sensor is a good thing. By the way who is Omega made by?
Old 01-04-2009, 02:08 PM

I got the Echo 2, made by Omega. I'm sure there are better ones out there, but that was the best one that the alarm place carried. I'm definitely not dogging any other alarm systems, because I don't know anything about alarm systems. I just hope it scares off the losers that try and mess with it. Even better, it alerts me so I come outside with my 45 and big dog for them.
Anyway, it does have the tilt sensor, so if I gets towed, I'll know about it. As soon as the GPS comes out for it, I might add it on.
I'll let you know if I have any problems with it. So far, it's been a nice addition.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:34 AM

I looked on the Omega website and it seems to be a good alarm that's half the price of my Viper. This alarm does have GPS tracking that's now available, it's plan is also cheaper than the Viper's plan. I'm going to see if they offer this alarm in my area and compare it to the latest. Thanks for you post on the Omega system, I had never hear of it as I sure ther are many others who hadn't. Thanks for getting this info out, it'll get the word out about alarms with similar or better features with sometime better pricing. The anti car jacking feature has my interest, the Viper doesnt have that.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmyk88
I was thinking about going to get a security system put in tomorrow, what do you think? My dealer told me that it would be impossible to steal my car with the keyless ignition system, but I'm sure if someone wanted it, they would find a way. The only thing inside the car is my touch screen stereo and I wouldn't know how someone would get that out of the car. I just don't know, I'm torn. I just don't want to get a good security system and have it go off every other minute because of some moron driving by with bass. I was thinking about the paging system that alerts me if someone breaks in. Is an alarm needed and/or worth it?
my believe it can be possible. as few of my friends also using security system. but till i didn't get also exact way.

same too waiting for any one recommendation.