Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Measuring Success

Old 04-16-2010, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Measuring Success

The new Challenger is an awesome looking,whether you leave it stock or personalize it--it's COOL. The best proof is when you are just driving it--anywhere--and another car (mustang,camaro,firebird,bmw,vette,etc.)is trying to race you --while you are just cruiz'in.If they have to lay rubber,rev the motor,or drive fast to get the attention on the street---YOU WON.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:00 AM

I have hardly driven ours so I don't hear to much from others about it, but the wife drives it daily to and from work and for trips to meetings and regales me almost daily with comments from all ages of people. Kids in the school yards pointing as she goes by, waitresses in cafes asking her questions about it, co-workers (most of them like us, in their 50s) just ogling it, and the one from yesterday, wife goes into store (kind of a young women's store) to look for a new outfit and she says to the worker (after shopping for a bit) that maybe she's not young enough to be shopping in here. The girl (in her 20's) helping her says that "anybody driving a Challenger is certainly young enough to shop in this store". I think she may be getting the comments and the "thumbs up" because it's a woman driving and it's her daily driver so it gets seen a lot in the area. They really do seem to get a lot of attention, even if one guy asked her "how do you like your new Camaro?" She set him straight right away! Reminds me of the early 70s!!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:15 AM

I can relate to what is being said, shortly after I got my 2010 my wife and I were leaving a restaurant and there were about 6 teenagers gathered around my car being sure not to get too close, taking camera phone pictures saying that it is thier favorite car, they were all geeked and giddy over my ride. Everywhere I go I get thumbs up, heads are turning I've never owned a car that gets so much attention, I came home one day from the car wash and told my wife that I am getting kind of tired of people asking me about my car, sometimes I am in a hurry to get some where and I will be stopped and asked about it and end up in a long conversation. Gotta love the Chally!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 02:32 PM

Reading the stories you guys posted above reminded me of one of my own. Around the end of March last year after I got my Chally I was on my way out of a restaurant and hit the unlock (so the lights flashed) when some cops who were also eating there called me over and asked if that was my car out in the parking lot. I was wondering if I had accidentally parked in a handicap spot or something but then they started gushing about how awesome it was and if they could see it before I left. As I was showing it to them one of them explained that she'd gotten authorization from the department to pick out the unit's newest D.A.R.E. car and she was looking for a cool base car that they could paint/customize as needed and that none of them had seen the new Challenger up close before. By the time I finally drove away they had decided that they needed to get a Challenger as their new D.A.R.E. car since it's so badass. It was pretty cool.