Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

SRT8 vs RT

Old 05-29-2010, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT8 vs RT

I understand that the SRT8 has more hp but supposedly the RT has a smoother ride & the SRT8 has the technology for better steering. BUT the SRT8 costs alot more! Is it worth it? Give me your thoughts - I'm leaning towards the SRT8 - give me some comfort or save me.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:02 PM

How are you planning to drive it? As a daily driver the 5.7 is better, if you have a true need for speed get the 6.1

I have a Charger R/T and a Challenger SRT8. I wouldn't want to drive the Challenger every day.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:04 PM

I hope to drive it daily. I am not planning to make it a parade show car. Any other thoughts.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:31 PM

I drive my SRT8 every day............I find it to be comfortable and the ride is smooth....can't see the RT being that much better in that department, but havn't driven an RT so I really don't know.
My mileage is descent and I still have all the power I could ever need on the road.
In addition I have had two incidents where I had to make an abrupt lane change due to a "distracted driver" making an "unannounced" and last minute lane change directly in front of me. The SRT handled like it was on rails...saving the day.
Bottomline is, I am glad I own an SRT....and have been very happy with it for almost two years now.
If cost is a factor....go with the RT, but if you want the King of the Hill....go SRT
(Just my two costs....)