Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

My new project

Old 10-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new project

So, with the information fairly packed full right now on here, and very little information becoming available, I have embarked on a new project...my article posted today is about the challenger..

http://www.srtblog.com/
Old 10-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: My new project

Good job, I liked your writing style and the project overall. Did you also write the other articles on the other cars shown?

I also have had the same suspicions about the engines that will be used in the Challenger but we will just have to wait and see.

Maybe we will hear some news at SEMA in a few day.

Keep up the good work.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Administrator

i have written all of the newer articles...the rest were from the previous owner of the site, who i believe was just copying and pasting from the DCX site. i have also added specs pages for every vehicle, and i hope by the end of november to have at least one article (unique) for every vehicle, as there are no reviews of some of the cars, and empty categories look bad, IMO. I have cleaned up the site a bit, reorganized things, etc. Ive written a hundred or so articles in the last year and a half, but they are scattered all over, but many of them are on this site.

I will post at least one new article a week, and next i will cover either the 300c SRT8, or the crossfire srt6. I believe that the srt6 is done after this year, but i still want some info.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:57 PM

Your piece is most interesting. However, I wouldn't make too much of the Challenger concept sporting the R/T badge. Why? Because it's just that -- a concept car. Whoever added it probably figured that -- to the world at large -- the R/T designation is better-known than SRT. And since the Challenger is about as retro as you can get, why not -- at least for the first one that's going to get a lot of public exposure -- go with the retro imagery of the R/T cars of the late '60s and early '70s. The ones that are sold probably will have more conventional badging.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:17 PM

I hope they stay away from SRT for the Challenger, leave it for the Charger mistake!
Old 10-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Looks very good, Patrick! Your good at this.

Wallstreetman, would you be okay with an SRT Challenger if they happened to offer a larger, more powerful engine with it than the 6.1L? I would prefer them not to use the SRT with the 6.1L but I'd be fine if they offered a larger, more powerful engine.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-28-2006, 05:46 PM
Administrator

well, one thing to keep in mind, is that the designers of the challenger were given the same orders as the designers of the viper.."make a concept car that is realistic for production", and Chrysler execs have said that the challenger is "almost exactly how it will be once production models hit the showrooms"
Old 10-29-2006, 02:47 PM

What you say about the Chrysler execs is true. However, I think they mean the overall appearance of the car will be the same -- remember how the prototype of the '05 Mustang bears, at best, a passing resemblance to the production vehicles. Again, I think the R/T badge probably was used to enhance the concept Challenger's retro aura and that the production vehicles will carry more conventional insignia -- incluting your beloved SRT badge.

Old 10-29-2006, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

With the future Vipers possibly having more horsepower, then maybe the Challenger could have the horsepower the current Vipers have......so they don't step on each others toes.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to hear that Patrick! I think it will look pratically the same.

RoswellGrey, if compare the concept Viper to the production there are some obvious visual difference but it looked much closer to the original than the production model of the 05 Mustang compared to the concept.

Jeremiah, I agree that they can produce around 500 hp without threatening the Viper sales since the Viper will produce somewhere in the 600-700 hp range by then.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: My new project