Notices
Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going Forced Induction.

New Magnacharger TVS 2300 for Challenger??

Old 07-12-2010, 05:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Magnacharger TVS 2300 for Challenger??

Hi guys, like the title states does anyone own the New Magnacharger TVS 2300 Supercharger for New Challenger yet? Reason for my asking is I would like to know what the stock pulley size is the unit comes with? If anyone knows then please post to this thread. Thanks for any and all replies!
Old 08-14-2010, 06:16 PM

I would go with a turbo safer and get more power. I have a single turbo and puts out 500hp 525tq with 7psi with 91 pump gas. I dont think you will get that with a super charger and a turbo you get better gas miliage and they are the same price as a supercharger. If you have a methnol injection the turno will put out 550hp 560tq to the rear wheels on 8psi on 91 pump gas.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:40 AM

I love turbocharging, but I would not say it is safer. Proper engineering/tuning is what makes any form of forced induction safer.

Superchargers are less complicated to install, so while the cost of the kit may be similar, install is generally less money on a supercharger.

Turbocharging is hypothetically more fuel efficient than supercharging, because it makes boost from exhaust energy rather than off the crankshaft, but if you're doing forced induction on a Challenger, gas mileage is usually not the deciding factor.

With regard to pulley size, I could not see it listed online. The Magnacharger blog mentioned a "standard 3.8" pulley" on a Camaro, but there is no way to assume that they'd use the same size pulley for two different platforms. They might tell you the size if you contacted them directly.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Thor77
I love turbocharging, but I would not say it is safer. Proper engineering/tuning is what makes any form of forced induction safer.

Superchargers are less complicated to install, so while the cost of the kit may be similar, install is generally less money on a supercharger.

Turbocharging is hypothetically more fuel efficient than supercharging, because it makes boost from exhaust energy rather than off the crankshaft, but if you're doing forced induction on a Challenger, gas mileage is usually not the deciding factor.

With regard to pulley size, I could not see it listed online. The Magnacharger blog mentioned a "standard 3.8" pulley" on a Camaro, but there is no way to assume that they'd use the same size pulley for two different platforms. They might tell you the size if you contacted them directly.
FYI, those who are interested in obtaining the correct pulley ring size for either the Challenger RT or SRT, other than what the Magnacharger comes with, check it out here:

http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/...le_pulleys.htm

Also, here is the pulley ring size lineup for the 2010 Camaro SS as well:

http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/...le_pulleys.htm

Last edited by wydtrkr; 08-19-2010 at 05:36 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:01 PM

I've ordered this kit for my car... Just waiting for it to be shipped.