Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Mopar gal from TX

Old 11-20-2006, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar gal from TX

Hello All!

Just signed up and thought I'd make a post right away

My name is Priscilla, and I've been a Mopar gal since I can remember. Never had an urge to own anything other than a Mopar. When I was little, my dad had a '73 Road Runner (340), but traded it with a friend for something else [sm=badidea.gif] and I was one heartbroken four year old back in 1985!

Since then, my dad didn't have any other classic Mopars, although he did own a GTX and Fury before I was born. He was and is a Mopar guy. Anyway, to make a long story short: I got him back into having Mopar fever when I got a '69 Charger at 16. Since then, he bought himself one, (and myself another Charger) and now we own three 1969 Chargers between us. Then, came my 1970 Panther Pink Challenger, which I've own for five years. It was a father/daughter project, which I am very proud of and will never consider parting with it. Up next, we will be working on my Charger...so I'm excited for another project

Like everyone, I'm excited about the new Chally. For now, I'll have to pre-order this Panther Pink Concept model 1:18 that I just found the other day!

Cheers,
Priscilla [sm=gears.gif]
Old 11-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Mopar gal from TX

Glad to have you aboard. We need more people of the female persuasion on the forum.

Enjoy the Challenger passion.

Post any pictures of your car you built.

Happy Thanksgiving.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:00 AM

Thank you for the welcome, Jeremiah!

Here are some links for pictures of my Challenger:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3 - Me with my pride and joy

I have the wrong year center caps (but they do remind me of the '73 Road Runner we had), but the correct ones are posted on my Christmas Wishlist

I have some more pictures (including my Chargers) at my photobucket which is linked in my profile page.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, too.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, Priscilla (PinkyChallenger70)! I look forward to hearing more about your Chargers and Challenger. Just as Jeremiah said we would love it if you would post pics of your classic Mopars! Happy Thanksgiving!

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 11-21-2006, 12:19 AM

Thank you for the welcome! I'm usually shy on forums, so the welcomes are very much appreciated

I'll be more than happy to tell you about my cars, but this may be long.

My Challenger's specs are: 1968 440 (425+hp), 284/484 Mopar purple cam, 3:55 gears, Dana 60, Edelbrock 650, B&M shift kit, Glass Pack exhaust. Oh, and her name is Layla! (Eric Clapton/Derek & The Dominos fan here.)

The story of this car is that back in early 2001, my dad saw a 1971 Challenger in Panther Pink at a used car dealership. It was there on consignment, and we went to check it out. I actually didn't care for the color pink before, but this car looked so awesome! I fell in love with it right away, and saw it as different than any other car. Although I had the Chargers, I wanted an E-body car after the salesman let me sit inside the car and crank it up. The price tag was $18,000. And this was five years ago, so that was out of my league. So, my quest to find a reasonable FM3 Challenger had begun. I started looking on ebay and classic car sites, and coincidently, I found that car left town, and popped up on one of the classic car sites in Louisiana! After that, a few months had passed by, and I find my car listed on ebay in August 2001. The car had no bids, and was at $7,500. Well, although I didn't have the cash, I emailed the seller after the auction ended with no bids(!!!!) asking her if she was planning to relist the car again. She replied and said that she decided to keep it and really didn't want to sell it, but since she found out that I really wanted this car, she let me have it on payments for the same price! Her husband delivered the car in September of that year, all the way from New Mexico. They were very sweet and gracious people. Well, the car wasn't painted Panther Pink, it was Pink Panther instead (a lighter shade of pink, although the car is an original FM3 car) and had a 400 in it. I drove the car for two years, before I was told that I was going to receive a sponsored paint job! I decided to go with Panther Pink. I knew that the 400 wasn't correct for 1970, so I asked my dad to put a 440 that he had bought years before as a spare for my Charger. The car became a father/daughter project, and was completed in February/March of 2005. Also, I now love the color pink!

As for the Chargers: One is triple green with a 383 -- this one is our next project (soon-to-be- General Lee). My mom found this car in a neighborhood nearby back in the summer of 1997. It was my first car, but I never really did get to drive it much because it needed A LOT of mechanical work, although the body is straight and in good shape. The previous owner rebuilt everything himself and just did a sloppy job on the motor. My dad was driving it to work recently, but had to put it up on jack stands for now, since it has a knocking in the motor and a bad transmission leak. He replaced the seals, but it still leaks, so we may have to have the trans rebuilt. We just recently bought a 440 for it. We'll be keeping the 383, of course, this is our Winter project. We will start taking it apart this week.

The other Charger I found off ebay for $700.00 out of California, including extra parts for free! It drives perfect and has a souped up 318! It sounds like a big block car though. It came with so many parts that we had to rent an extra U-Haul enclosed trailer to bring them here. Funny thing is that the extra parts came in handy when the alternator went out, the people transporting it back here found one in the car and had it fixed in no time! Also, they had to transport it because the trailer (that was hauling the car) axle broke. Poor guys! But they had fun driving it across the state of TX. Now, this car is a 'convertible' Charger. The previous owner cut the top off because it was rusted up pretty badly, and left it alone. He had a lot of other Chargers, so he decided to put it up on ebay, and just get rid
Old 11-21-2006, 07:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site Pinky. You have some really nice Mopars. I would not of thought that a pink Challenger would look good. But I have to say yours looks great and has the horsepower to back it up. Enjoy your rides and have a safe holiday, Randy.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:12 AM

That's a great story (we don't get bored by this stuff...we love it) & a sweet looking Challenger. I have three daughters & hope as they get a little older that we connect as you and your Dad have. Have a great Thanksgiving.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

That is such an awesome story and what a great relationship you must have with your dad.

Congratuatlions on owning such a classic muscle car and thanks for posting those pictures.

I like how your skirt matches the color of your car.....truly a Mopar gal.

Have a great Thanksgiving to you and your family.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:35 AM

Welcome to the club!!

Your chally looks really good. Not to many girls like or even own musclecars. I've been trying to get my girlfriend into cars, she's starting to learn the different models and years now. I'm already quite proud of her.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:07 PM

Welcome to the Club...What a refreshing break to see a chick not in a '70 malibu...BUT A CHALLENGER! WOOT-WOOT!!!

My Chick just got a little more intersted in mopars when she realized that Challengers came from the factory in PINK!!!!

Another great site iswww.pantherpink.com. Welcome to forum!

Are you on Myspace? Join my group 'dodge challenger purists' if you are!
Kelly

Quick Reply: Mopar gal from TX