Notices
Sights N Sounds Post your pics, videos, and sound clips here.

Dodge Collection 56k beware

Old 11-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Collection 56k beware

So, there has been alot of discussion about people having collections of challenger and dodge related items, so i thought that i would post some new photos of our collection...i cant recall if i have posted pics before or not...there are wide angle and close up shots of everything..sorry that they arent organized better...but there is some odd stuff...i think that its worth a look over...[8D]

Old 11-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Default RE: Dodge Collection 56k beware

some more..

Old 11-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Administrator

and the last of them...

Old 11-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

I am glad to see I am not the only grownup to do crazy collections like that. Mine is just not that large since I do not have a dedicated room.
I do however also have a small Spiderman collection including the original cartoons from the 60's on DVD.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:43 PM

Nice, but not impressed. I didn't see the Lucky Charms STP Richard Petty ones. See Below a 74 Dodoge Charger and a 71 Plymouth GTX. The other is a 84 Pontiac Grand Prix, and next to that is a Mopar Drag Neon. In the back is a RC car with a Ram body and viper body.

And other part of a very small collection.
Finally found a S197 mustang, and in my color.

1971 Chevelle SS454

YZ426 Tim Ferry's bike and a Honda SWAT XR500 bike. In the background you will see a Gretzky 259/950 ceramic plate and card and a Brett Hull Plaque with card
Old 11-22-2006, 06:48 PM
Administrator

when i was much younger, i also collected baseball, football, and hockey cards...and they are still kept at my parents house..., sealed in boxes...once in college, i had a fairly elaborate collection of beer bottles from all over the world, which takes up most of my parents attic...we would like to have a bigger room for the dodge stuff, as we have lots of stuff that isnt displayed. i could fill a whole other room of this side with things like shirts, pamphlets, brochures, etc...we also have some cars that are not displayed.

i typically go into the room about once a week and clean things up, and about once a month, ill take the time to dust things. we buy a piece or two a week, usually smaller things. what i have found is that the toys that cost a ton now will obviously increase in value, but way down the road, the items that are small and cheap now grow the most in value. if you look at the more valuable toys now, they are things that people back in the 60s and 70s bought for their children to play with, so many of them were ruined while being played with...for instance, one of those miradas on the card can go as high as 40-50 bucks, and it would have cost about 49 cents back then...but since it wasnt a commonly collected item then, there are very few in great shape on the card. so, when we buy things weekly, we buy more of unusual, yet inexpensive items, because those are the things getting scuffed up during play...cars like our green pro-street danbury mint charger obviously doesnt get played with, so in 20 years, probably 90% of them will still be mint, however, how many of a random 2006 viper will still be mint on card? no where near 90%...however, i am tempted to take one of my 1/64 2007 challenger hot wheels out and play with it...

brian, i dont think that i knew that you were into hockey....

those lucky charms cars are part of a set of 4, i believe...at least three...as i do have them...the two that you have, and there is a 1964 belvedere...i think that there was one more that isnt a dodge...but im not certain. i got them on ebay last year around this time. what make is that chevelle? is that mustang 1/24 scale? if so, i believe that i have the roadrunner and challenger version of the same brand...
Old 11-22-2006, 08:25 PM

brian, i dont think that i knew that you were into hockey....

those lucky charms cars are part of a set of 4, i believe...at least three...as i do have them...the two that you have, and there is a 1964 belvedere...i think that there was one more that isnt a dodge...but im not certain. i got them on ebay last year around this time. what make is that chevelle? is that mustang 1/24 scale? if so, i believe that i have the roadrunner and challenger version of the same brand...
Yep. I like hockey. But don't pay attention much anymore. I have a crap load of hockey cards from around 91 or 92. I don't have friends around anymore that is into it, so I grew away from it. But still check up on the Bruins. Always been my favorite team. Back with Bourque and Neely. I followed Sabres as well, I know they are in teh same division, but Pat LaFountaine was one of my favorite players. To bad he rang his bell once to many to keep playing. I have 83 baseball cards, and got a book to see if any of them are worth anything. So far the answer is no.

You know the lucky charms was 4. And I know I had all 4. S.O.B. I need to comb the house to find that 4th one, and now that you mention it, I believe it was a Belvedere. And yes, the mustang is 1/24. I was walking through Kragen Autoparts to get some oil supplies, and saw it sitting there. It was an impulse buy since I wasn't looking for it.

EDIT: teh Chevelle is Maisto. And I also played roller hockey in a league for a couple years, before that we always played i parking lots
Old 11-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Administrator

so that set was 4 cars? we only hve three...unless i lost track of one somehow...

im guessing that youre from the NE then? as a pittsburgher in 91-92, i was a HUGE pens fan...i finally got a coaching job up here...
Old 11-22-2006, 10:41 PM

Nope, I am originally from SoCal. I lived in VA around DC for about 3 years, but in the late 90's. For some reason I have never liked L.A. teams of any sport. Mostly the Missouri teams. Dad's from there. Cards, Cheifs, and do like the Blues.

Well, when I had put them up on the shelf a while back, I kept thinking there were for, and I couldn't find the other one. So I chalked it off as maybe I was just thinking crazy, but after you said 4 and the one was a belveder, then I feel there was 4 and I am not crazy. I will take a pic later of a hotwheels Challenger Drag car I have out in teh garage I have had since I was a kid. I would go now, but the garage is towards teh back yard, I am to lazy now to go outside and get it.

What are you coaching? Kids? adults?
Old 12-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

Mostly the Missouri teams. Dad's from there. Cards, Cheifs, and do like the Blues.
I hear you loud and clear on that one. I'm originally from Southern IL, but I always prefered MO teams, especialy the Cardinals.

Thanks for sharing that Patrick. One of these days when I don't have to move in and out of dorms and I live in a house that actually has some room in it, I'll have to start my own collection.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: Dodge Collection 56k beware