Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello Dodge boys......

Old 11-26-2006, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Dodge boys......

Hey folks,

I will be in the market for another car this spring-summer, I currently own a 1965 GTO, 389 with trips and a 4-speed.

I was looking hard at one of the Shelby 500s but the Ford stealerships are asking way over MSRP and I just won't pay more than that, I also am considering a new Vette.

The Challenger has piqed my interest, I really like the retro lines of the car, I think Dodge nailed it!! If I can get into one of these cars for the low 30s it just might put me over. I have owned many muscle cars over the years and never found myself in a Dodge...........never say never

I look forward to learning about this car, thanks for any input.

Thanks

Mike
Old 11-27-2006, 12:16 AM

Default RE: Hello Dodge boys......

Welcome & gotta tell you it's even better in person. I just saw it today at the auto show in Phoenix and I am even more excited than ever. Dodge nailed it indeed.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:56 AM

Thanks for the reply, I wonder if that car will be in the auto show in Chicago this winter? I bet some folks got some great pictures of the car out there, sure would like to see those.

I contacted a local Dodge dealer over the weekend, hopefully I can find a knowledgable contact locally who I can work with.

I just wish Dodge can make enough of them to keep the prices reasonable.........

Waiting.......is the hardest part.

Thanks again!!

Oldgto
Old 11-27-2006, 10:38 AM

The new Challenger is definitly a sight to see. It's amazing looking in person, all I could do is drool!!

Old 12-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

Hey oldgto, welcome to the site! I take it you either live in Chicago or nearby. I'm originally from IL myself. I'm hoping that they will have it at the K.C. autoshow since I have yet to see one in person. I can't wait though. Good luck on the auto show in Chicago!

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-01-2006, 11:06 PM

Hey oldgto, welcome to the site! I take it you either live in Chicago or nearby. I'm originally from IL myself. I'm hoping that they will have it at the K.C. autoshow since I have yet to see one in person. I can't wait though. Good luck on the auto show in Chicago!

Thank you very much!! I do, grew up just west of Chicago and now live 29 miles west of the city with big shoulders. I hope you get lucky enough to see the car in person. I spoke to my local dealership the other day and they told me 2008 it's going to happen..........it's going to be a long wait!!

Please let me know if the car shows up in K.C...........

Thanks again for the nice welcome!!

Oldgto
Old 12-02-2006, 03:37 PM

oldgto..... welcome to the site! Now, how about some pics of that Goat? I appreciate all muscle cars- GTOs included!
Old 12-02-2006, 04:00 PM

I'd love too......but my files are too large[:@]. I have tried several times, does anyone know how to reduce the size of a jpeg before uploading?? All my pictures are around 750KBs

Thanks for any help!!

oldgto.....
Old 12-02-2006, 06:04 PM

Cool....I was able to crop this picture down and reduce the file size. As much as I love the GTO it will be going up for sale. I am looking for a newer car to replace it soon. The goat is so beautiful and irreplacable that I find myself driving it very, very little.

Hope you enjoy the picture........

BTW......389 tri-power, 4-speed, 3.55s, hurst wheels, A/C, power seat, power antenna, power windows.......to name a few.

Take care!!

oldgto
Old 12-02-2006, 06:06 PM

Try again,,,,,,,,,,,,

[IMG]local://upfiles/541/11DF0DB6BE5F494788178FE33DCBBBB3.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Hello Dodge boys......