Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger - Limited Production

Old 02-06-2006, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger - Limited Production

Well I heard some depressing news this morning. One of the guys at my company went to the Car Show in Philadelphia this weekend. He talked to the Dodge guy about the Challenger. This DCX representative was telling the people at the show that the Challenger will be a limited production car. Two years at the most. Perhaps no more then 7000 per year. He said each dealer will have to qualify for a car and most likely will not get more then one or two. He also said the car is too compete with Mustang Shelby not production line Mustang.

Now if someone can put this ugly rumor to bed please do. If they go this route only the rich and famous will have one.[:@]

This really sucks!!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Default RE: Challenger - Limited Production

eh...looks like dodge is going to make another "super car"...that no one can afford...and if this is true, it will ensure that i will buy an import or GTO...[&o]

however, if dodge was going to do this, why woud dodge.com bother running all of these various polls about pricing and such?

for what it is worth, i have worked in the dealership world, and you never, ever meet someone who is more full of it than someone who is a manager of any sort at a dealership...while im sure that exceptions apply, ive yet to meet one...everyone in the sales department of a dealership is taught to lie...hell, ive heard a salesman go on about an engine in a jeep that wasnt even offered...
Old 02-06-2006, 09:21 AM

All good points. Like you I sure hope it's not true. I was so close to buying a GTO when I first heard about the Challenger. I had already gotten bank approval and everything.

If it is true maybe I'll keep my little import awhile longer. When the work is done on my motor I will be at 380 whp and better then that if my SC water to air intercooler works as advertised.

Still heart breaking. Maybe the Dodge guy who visits the site can shed some light on the subject.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:02 AM

That would suck. I would hate to wait 2 years to find out this. I am not getting any younger dammit.

So is the GTO RWD or FWD?

Not sure what to do now. I am thinking of getting the Charger Daytona, this is my second pick. At this time amyways. It could all change an hour from now or a week, etc...
Old 02-06-2006, 10:20 AM

This is not true.... "my guy" aka My uncle, the owner of Remsen Dodge in Keyport, NJ, told me that this would be a production car. avalible to everyone. And as far as he know ,it was going to be priced in the same price range as the mustangs
Old 02-06-2006, 10:25 AM

I sure hope your Uncle is right!!

ORIGINAL: TruckeeT2

This is not true.... "my guy" aka My uncle, the owner of Remsen Dodge in Keyport, NJ, told me that this would be a production car. avalible to everyone. And as far as he know ,it was going to be priced in the same price range as the mustangs
Old 02-06-2006, 10:39 AM

i would bet my left nut that he is right
Old 02-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Administrator

techman, as much as i hate to say it, i would go with the charger super bee over the daytona..i just dont care for the daytona look, but i REALLY like the super bee...

the new GTOs are all RWD...

and im glad to hear some contrasting details truckee...i wish dodge would just tell everyone what their intention is instead of playing games!!! [:@]
Old 02-06-2006, 11:27 AM

If this rumor does become truth you can bet I'll buy a Mustang GT or GTO. DCX would be stupid not tp make this a full production car.[:@]
Old 02-06-2006, 01:08 PM

Hell I called Dodge and asked them. Just giving her my name the young lady was able to pull up my address, phone number, age, military status, while we were on the phone. I'm impressed. Anyway, when I told her about the limited production rumor, she stated she had never heard any such thing at Dodge. She said they are being flooded with letters and e-mails from potential customers who are very excited about the Challenger concept car. Dodge is keeping a close watch on this high level of interest from the public.

She asked if I would like to be a mailing list for updates on the Challenger and of course I said yes. She thanked me for my service to nation and promised any future information deemed releaseable to the public, I and others on the list would be the first to know.

I also asked about a direct factory buy. She said since the car is still in the concept stages those types of things have not yet been defined.

Well, I feel better!!

Quick Reply: Challenger - Limited Production