Notices
Sights N Sounds Post your pics, videos, and sound clips here.

Funny SNL Skit

Old 01-11-2007, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny SNL Skit

My friend told me about this. It is Hugh Laurie(House) on Saturday Night Live doing a skit based off of the Most Haunted Places show.

For those who don't know, Laurie is an English actor who does mostly comedy. He supposedley helped wrote this skit for SNL.

Also what makes this funny, is if you ever watch Most Haunted Places on travel channel, then you will laugh about it, how the blond lady always makes a simple noise into a big thing. Enjoy and have a laugh. We all need one once in awhile.[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ridzYYNFO6I
Old 01-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Default RE: Funny SNL Skit

i cant get over him having an accent...
Old 01-12-2007, 03:05 PM

Yep, it is wierd. My wife and I got to see the cast of House in a Q&A panel at the TV academy. He seemed way kick back, and of course you got to hear him with his accent.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Administrator

wow...thats awesome...amanda and i are big fans of the show...was that something for mrs techmans work?
Old 01-12-2007, 03:40 PM

No, she works on Supernatural now. This was because she is a member of the TV Academy. So they and 1 guest were invited. So far I have seen panels for House, My Name Is Earl, NCIS and Rescue Me(this was just Dennis Leary and Peter Tolan, the other creator/writer)
Old 01-12-2007, 07:53 PM

If any of you has the BBC on your cable, look for a show called "Blackadder". Hugh Laurie was a supporting character on that show during its 3rd and 4th seasons. I think it was made back in the late 80's. That's where I first saw him. He was hilarious. I just happened to stumble upon "House" one day and couldn't believe it was the same guy.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Although I'm one of the few who isn't the biggest fan's of bathroom humor, I was rolling on the floor. Good one Techman! Those people on the Most Haunted show are so silly. Their so unbelieveable. They hear a creak in the floor which most likely was caused by one of their friends who is above them at that point, they make a big deal out of it. That English guy they have doing that show is not a smart person. If in fact he is talking to spirits (which I seriously doubt), he invites them into his body. Not a smart idea.[sm=nono.gif]

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 01-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

That was a funny skit. I am actually a big fan of bathroom humor at least amongst us guys. However, because of a funny scene in The Nutty Professor,
after I let some ghosts out like in the skit (gas), I turn around to my better half and ask her, "someone call my name". Then I just LOL.

I both movies, my favorite scene is the dinner table with the family scene. I also like the toilet scenes in White Chicks and Dumb and Dumber.

Yeah, I know my humor is in the gutter. I laugh so hard, I have fallen out of my chair rolling around on the carpet usually trying to catch my breath.

You ought to see me in the movie theatre when I first see one of these scenes. I think I make everybody else laugh just because I am laughing so hard.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

I admit I've never seen White Chicks or Dumb and Dumber, but I have seen the Nutty Professor movies (the Eddie Murphy versions). I will admit I loved the dinner table scene where Cleatus was doing "the colon cleansing" until he did, well you know what eventually did. I guess what I'm saying is that it has to be appropriate for the moment. I think some tv shows use it instead of original material and they do it without anytiming or anything else that makes it appropriate.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts