Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

It seems DCX is falling behind already

Old 01-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It seems DCX is falling behind already

I am to lazy to try and find a link but I was reading the latest issue of MT I think and they had a big 3 pg spread on the fricken Camaro already. Not to mention real pics of the car in action on the roads of Austrailia. It had alot of info on it and its development schedule. It looks to be a killer w/the LS2, 6M and lower weight than the stang and chall. At some point you know the SS will be here w/ either the ZO6 motor or the new S/C motor coming down the pike.

Meanwhile the Chall has dropped off the radar all together. WTF ??

Even the stang has new news w/ the Shelby GT soon to arrive and that gay CS edition thingy.

Hello out there in DCX land ??? anyone home.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Default RE: It seems DCX is falling behind already

the challenger hasnt gone anywhere, and GM has to push its cars because the camaro could be the last hopes...keep in mind, dodge is the most financially secure of the big three
Old 01-12-2007, 07:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, Dodge will do what is best for its buisness. But we have to have patience and wait to see what the finale product is. Look at the answer to the Z06, 600 hp viper. With better handling and lighter. Dodge stepped up to the plate and hit a home run. Lets see what Chevy has to offer and if they break down and have to supercharge to keep up. To me they will have lost the race if they have to supercharge. They will have blinked first. I want all the American Co. to do well and make a strong comeback. If they don't then it could be very bad for us, so I'm pulling for them...Go Challenger...Go Mustang...Go Camaro.. Let the wars begin again, choose your weapon of choice. Mine will be a 6-speed 6.1. rocket.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:53 AM

I wouldn't own a GM product if you paid me!
Old 01-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: lear4406

I agree, Dodge will do what is best for its buisness. But we have to have patience and wait to see what the finale product is. Look at the answer to the Z06, 600 hp viper. With better handling and lighter. Dodge stepped up to the plate and hit a home run. Lets see what Chevy has to offer and if they break down and have to supercharge to keep up. To me they will have lost the race if they have to supercharge. They will have blinked first. I want all the American Co. to do well and make a strong comeback. If they don't then it could be very bad for us, so I'm pulling for them...Go Challenger...Go Mustang...Go Camaro.. Let the wars begin again, choose your weapon of choice. Mine will be a 6-speed 6.1. rocket.
are you sure that it weighs less than the Z06?
Old 01-12-2007, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read that the Viper for 2008 is 250lbs lighter than 2006 Viper. Thats what was meant by lighter, but it did read as though I was talking about the Vette. Also Dodge may be offering Mopar Performace bolt-ons and internal parts to build a 675 hp beast. So to me Dodge has stepped it up.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Administrator

ive seen this 675hp beast in question...and its amazing at how little goes into the car to get it up to that...i did an article about it, but we are having some site issues at that site...i took a bunch of pictures of it...

the site just wont work...[:'(]

however, i did not know about the weight cuts...i think that is one area where DCX really needs to take a look at things from an engineering standpoint...their cars have a ton of power, but they all weigh SO much...
Old 01-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

ive seen this 675hp beast in question...and its amazing at how little goes into the car to get it up to that...i did an article about it, but we are having some site issues at that site...i took a bunch of pictures of it...

the site just wont work...[:'(]

however, i did not know about the weight cuts...i think that is one area where DCX really needs to take a look at things from an engineering standpoint...their cars have a ton of power, but they all weigh SO much...
It seems to me that in this Viper they have gone back on some of the ideas that hurt the 2003-2006 Viper. It appears that they get it that the Viper should weigh less. It doesn't surprise me that they are able to get some much extra hp & tq out of it. Hennesey was able to more than double the V10's hp & tq with twin-turboes; meanwhile, the Chrysler ME-412 needed 4 turboes to get 850 hp on a 48 valve V12. There is no replacement for displacement.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 01-12-2007, 09:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Erik M3

I am to lazy to try and find a link but I was reading the latest issue of MT I think and they had a big 3 pg spread on the fricken Camaro already. Not to mention real pics of the car in action on the roads of Austrailia. It had alot of info on it and its development schedule. It looks to be a killer w/the LS2, 6M and lower weight than the stang and chall. At some point you know the SS will be here w/ either the ZO6 motor or the new S/C motor coming down the pike.

Meanwhile the Chall has dropped off the radar all together. WTF ??

Even the stang has new news w/ the Shelby GT soon to arrive and that gay CS edition thingy.

Hello out there in DCX land ??? anyone home.
A whole week of NAIAS and no new Challenger details? WFT?
Old 02-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Banned

And here we go again. I open this months R&T and what do I see. A 3 pg layout of the Camaro Vert in Grabber orange. It goes on and on about the engine, tranny, this that and the other.

HELLO DCX ARE YOU OUT THERE ?????

Quick Reply: It seems DCX is falling behind already