Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

When will it be here...

Old 01-14-2007, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When will it be here...

I spoke to a sales rep at the largest Dodge dealer on the West Coast today, and he said they expect delivery of the Challenger in January 2008 and it's now planned as a 2009 model (despite the early 2008 delivery). I asked him to tell me everything he knows, and he said:

It will have all Charger engine sizes (V6, 5.7, and 6.1) and they will offer an automatic and the 6 speed manual from the Viper. He thinks it should be priced similar to the Challenger given the similarities in size and options.

Anyone heard differently? I know I'll be the first in line to pick one off the lot...
Old 01-14-2007, 12:38 AM

Default RE: When will it be here...

Someones pulling your chain!
Old 01-14-2007, 02:51 PM

Hi talentsmart and welcome to the Dodge challenger forum . So far beside that the fact that it will be built as rwd hemi powered coupe with a manual nothing has been offically confirmed. The dealer either had insider sources, was making it up or possibly took an educated guess based on the current vehicles in the DCX lineup. Either way feel welcome to read previous threads about this and similar questions on the forum and I hope to see you "write" many more posts.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:56 PM

I've spoken to people at a few Dodge dealerships, and this was the one guy who seemed legit. When I asked him the source of the information, he said that they have a certirfied Viper tech who gets the latest information on car production. The guy was also ademate about separating his opinions and guesses from what was real info coming from Dodge. And that was the engine options following the Charger options, a Viper 6 speed manual and 5 speed auto from the Charger, and interior options (they'll do the nav, the SRT seats on that model, etc.)

If it's true, it's very similar to the Charger/300 platform, which makes sense and is fine by me given the quality of those cars. Anyone familiar enough with this process to know when we should expect Dodge to give official word on the car's details? (i.e. how many months before cars will show up at dealerships)