Notices
2008 Concept Cuda This section is specifically for discussing the 2008 Concept Cuda, which debuted at the 2007 SEMA event.

SEMA 2007 - Chrysler Barracuda?

Old 10-30-2007, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEMA 2007 - Chrysler Barracuda?

Here was a prototype (or mockup) of a possibility at the SEMA show, gotta admit it looks pretty cool, and judging by some reaction here I think they'd be a fool not to do it, even if it is a Chrysler. The dashboard looks straight out of a 300 (which it probably is), but other than that I like it!

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/29/s...cuda/#comments
Old 10-30-2007, 08:33 AM

Default RE: SEMA 2007 - Chrysler Barracuda?

I dont like it at all. Looks like a Camaro in the rear quarter and a mustang in the rear and fenders. They could do a much better job.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

That dash is definitely from the 300. Forgive me for saying this, but it looks like they did the same thing to this model as they did when they built the Sebring. Take a bunch of random parts and throw them together. The rear reminds me of the Mustang, the interior does not fit at all, it neither luxurious nor sporty and the pistol grip shifter is not enough. I'm not crazy about the rims either. There is a zero percent chance that this would steer me from the Challenger.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-30-2007, 04:19 PM

Guys, guys... it's just a MOCKUP. Yes it has some parts that are derivative of other cars (I'm really not seeing the Sebring analogy, unless you mean it looking like an even uglier Saturn Ion - in that case I'm right with ya). If it ever does make production I seriously doubt it'll have the 300's dash, I'm sure that's just something they threw in there so it would have something... I at least applaud the idea if nothing else.

Give them some more time to work on it and I'm sure they could really come up with something we all like.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Yankee

Guys, guys... it's just a MOCKUP. Yes it has some parts that are derivative of other cars (I'm really not seeing the Sebring analogy, unless you mean it looking like an even uglier Saturn Ion - in that case I'm right with ya). If it ever does make production I seriously doubt it'll have the 300's dash, I'm sure that's just something they threw in there so it would have something... I at least applaud the idea if nothing else.

Give them some more time to work on it and I'm sure they could really come up with something we all like.
What I mean by the Sebring analogy is to me the Sebring took a lot of styling cues from other models they were trying to compete directly against. The rear lights reminds me of a Solara, the front reminds me of the previous generation Camry, the side reminds me of the last generation Grand Am, and it simply didn't look like a lot of original effort was put into the car in terms of styling. The previous generation had, but this one hadn't.

In the case of the Challenger, the Challenger looks original yet innovative and new. It doesn't look like a rip off of anything else. This Cuda concept looks like they took styling cues from their competition and tried to implement it just like I believe they did with the Sebring.

Another article I read later said that they just pretty much took a LX platform and put this shell on it. That explains the dash. They still would need a different dash though. Having the same dash as the Challenger would be a mistake. Chrysler has been criticized for years for making cars too much alike, just switching the tail lights and badges. They would need a different dash to distinguish the two.
In short, please don't get your hopes up. I'm afraid this is possibly the only time you will see at this point a Chrysler Cuda.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-31-2007, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Please continue this discussion on this thread so then we can cutt down on clutter as this will be a commonly discussed issue.

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/m_17936/tm.htm

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts