Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   2008 Concept Cuda (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/2008-concept-cuda-31/)
-   -   Is the Cuda' dead? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/2008-concept-cuda-31/cuda-dead-2359/)

thenatural 01-20-2008 02:22 PM

Is the Cuda' dead?

Since they sold the concept is the cuda dead? I just dont think it will go anywhere after being sold at the B J auction which is too bad since it was a good looking car.
Also there is no plymouth anymore so how could they put it under chrysler? Just doesnt seem right. Also I can imagine 30-50 years from now that concept selling for big big bucks!

Cuda340 01-21-2008 02:02 AM

RE: Is the Cuda' dead?

There could still be a limited production 'Cuda in the future.

The concept 'Cuda that was sold was not a Dodge concept car. It was built by Metalcrafters for a private customer based on a 4" shortened Charger frame.

Chris 01-21-2008 12:15 PM

The Challenger and Cuda are so closely related, you could always do your own custom Cuda. I know it's not the same as buying a factory one, but I think it'd be cool to see a Challenger is the style of a Cuda AAR.:D

HXC Performance 01-23-2008 09:24 AM

You can always contact us.

2009 HXC Cuda
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...webPlumJPG.jpg

www.hxcperformance.com

DSkippy 01-23-2008 09:51 AM

Again, why not "Plymouth 'Cuda" sold at select authorized "Dodge and Chrysler Dealers". Easy enough. Though, I think they're missing the boat to some failed logic of "brand dilution".

Dodge - Sport/Utility minded
Plymouth - Value/Family minded ('Cuda the one exception)
Chrysler - Luxury.

I think there's enough distinction to warrant the different brands.

AND again, why follow suit from a company that bought a profitable brand, ran it into the ground and sold it like an unwanted orphan.

Cerberus, bring back the the third member Plymouth under the Pentastar emblem.

BootCamp 01-23-2008 02:57 PM

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

Again, why not "Plymouth 'Cuda" sold at select authorized "Dodge and Chrysler Dealers". Easy enough. Though, I think they're missing the boat to some failed logic of "brand dilution".

Dodge - Sport/Utility minded
Plymouth - Value/Family minded ('Cuda the one exception)
Chrysler - Luxury.

I think there's enough distinction to warrant the different brands.

AND again, why follow suit from a company that bought a profitable brand, ran it into the ground and sold it like an unwanted orphan.

Cerberus, bring back the the third member Plymouth under the Pentastar emblem.
I think the Challenger has to be VERY successful for Cerberus to consider doing a Chrysler 'Cuda.
I also think you won't see Plymouth come back from the ranks of the deceased unless Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep becomes enormously profitable ...... and even then, I think it's pushing the limits of anyone hopes or expectations to the edge. Not sure what the legalities are with the defunct company's name.....

Carbon 02-03-2008 01:20 PM

Hey HXC,

you guys really need to work with this guy
http://www.automotivestylings.com/design.htm
look Doug's Mopar Designs.
The Primary Yellow Cuda is great!

I'll be contacting you guys as the time gets closer

Carbon

p.s. if those Charger R/T's that Doug made were put into production I'd jump on one of those, but that is a dream!
That is what the new Charger should have been

BootCamp 02-03-2008 01:33 PM

Folks seem to keep forgetting that the Challenger originated in the Chrysler's Pacifica Studios. It was an in-house effort intended to "test the waters", so to speak, for the possibility of customer interest/support in resurrecting the Challenger.

The 'Cuda was a private company's effort in creating something unique. It was not sponsored, encouraged or espoused by Chrysler LLC, and never intended for production runs. It was a "one of a kind" project car - made from a Charger chassis. Hell, the interior was identical to the Chargers'.
Chip Foose could have made a MUCH better modern take on the 'Cuda if he collaborated with Doug Schramm and they actually executed those ideas.

JJMPB 02-04-2008 05:10 AM

there will be no cuda end of thread

MGDMike 02-04-2008 05:21 AM

I'm not seeing anything for a one-off of a Cuda anything in the news lately eithe.. so the idea must be circulating somewhere for someone to come up with something.

JJMPB 02-04-2008 05:42 AM

it's called wishful thinking

RLSH700 02-05-2008 11:44 AM

I think the real question is "Was the Cuda alive to begin with?" The fact of the matter is this was shown at SEMA, not at the normal autoshows and SEMA models are mostly just toys if the truth be told. If GM is only going to introduce the Camaro, then chances are Chrysler will only introduce the Challenger. I warned you guys not to get your hopes up.

I wish it were possible but I never saw it coming necessarily.

Carbon 02-05-2008 12:22 PM

I wouldn't doubt they would make a Cuda version of the Challenger in maybe about 2 years.
But kind of like the Daytona Charger.
Same car with different paint jobs (like primary Yellow, Green and Purple) and a few other tweaks.
I highly doubt that will take is all the way with a new hood and grill tho.
That will be done by custom shops for sure tho.

we shall see....

RLSH700 02-05-2008 12:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Carbon

I wouldn't doubt they would make a Cuda version of the Challenger in maybe about 2 years.
But kind of like the Daytona Charger.
Same car with different paint jobs (like primary Yellow, Green and Purple) and a few other tweaks.
I highly doubt that will take is all the way with a new hood and grill tho.
That will be done by custom shops for sure tho.

we shall see....

Don't hold your breath on a full production model is my advice. A special edition Challenger would not be out of the question as the Charger got the Daytona and Super Bee, but a completely different looking car is extremely unlikely.

wallstreetman 02-05-2008 01:39 PM

You won't see a Cuda until Challenger sales drop, they're not going to sell you one car when they can wait and sell you both!