Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/appearance-13/)
-   -   Dodge Challenger Aluminum Rear Window Louvers (Real Retro Look) (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/appearance-13/dodge-challenger-aluminum-rear-window-louvers-real-retro-look-5370/)

Willpak 11-19-2008 06:30 AM

Dodge Challenger Aluminum Rear Window Louvers (Real Retro Look)

Hello everyone,

I decided to post this message to let all the passionate of the Dodge Challenger know that we made new products for the car. We have been designing and manufacturing products for more that 34 years.

First of all, we have a 08 Dodge Challenger SRT 8 and it is one of the 500 units that were made for the Canadian market. Immediately after getting the car we got to design and draw ideas on the products that we wanted to make for the car.

We exhibited the car at the SEMA show in Las Vegas Nevada with great success. People stopped and asked many questions about our brand new products.

Our products for the Challenger are:

Rear Window Aluminum Louvers
Rear Window Plastic Louvers
Side Window Louver Small
Side Window Louver Large
Side Skirts
Rear Tail Light Covers (3 Piece unit) makes it look like a 1970 Dodge Challenger.

I will be attaching a flyer that I made so you could see our Dodge Challenger Products.

I would love to receive your comments and suggestion about our products.

Sincerely,

Sergio Castellanos
sergio@willpak.com

[IMG]local://upfiles/2005/A338E90806D2469FB8D383339D3996ED.jpg[/IMG]

mopar2ya 11-19-2008 06:34 AM

RE: Dodge Challenger Aluminum Rear Window Louvers (Real Retro Look)

Approved vendor... or spam..?? :eek:

Andre@Edge 11-19-2008 06:55 AM

Spam, me thinks

Willpak 11-19-2008 07:09 AM

Hello this is not spam.

I do not sell direct to the public, I am just looking to see feedback on the parts that we make.

I have distributors all over the United States.

My intention is to bring awareness that our products were made and we appreciate any opinion.

Thank you for looking.

P.S. I would like to talk to the moderator so I could become a sponsor.

Sincerely,

Sergio

MrKrisSullivan 11-19-2008 07:53 AM

I like the rear window ones.... I don't care for the sides though...

RoswellGrey 11-19-2008 10:13 AM

Yeah. Kinda looks like the side ones would make the already bad blind spot even worse. Also, I don't think the taillight cover makes the car look more like a 1970 model. If anything, it looks even LESS like a 70 than the car does stock. Also, where is the backup light? Under the cover?

jh27n0b 11-19-2008 10:16 AM

The rear louvers look good. What does it take to mount them?
Bob

Paladin06 11-19-2008 10:40 AM

I like the rear ones. Lets see the side ones in black.

RoswellGrey 11-19-2008 10:55 AM

Uh-oh, Paladin. First expressing an interest in rear louvers. Then wanting to see the side ones in another color. Sounds like you've taken the first two steps down that slippery slope to (dare I even say it?) SIDE STRIPES!

BLK 6050 11-19-2008 11:51 AM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Uh-oh, Paladin. First expressing an interest in rear louvers. Then wanting to see the side ones in another color. Sounds like you've taken the first two steps down that slippery slope to (dare I even say it?) SIDE STRIPES!
When Paladin is finished adding all these to his car, you will not be able to tell that he has a Challenger.
(Just kidding Greg) I like the Rear Louvers, but the side ones make it like like one of the F-body "Kit Cars" or "Road Runners".....but they would sell IF the price is not jacked to high....

Willpak 11-19-2008 12:42 PM

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for the rapid responses from everyone. I am pleased to hear to see that you are giving me a feedback on the parts and I will make sure that production knows about your thoughts.

First of all, the rear louver is attached to the window via Stainless Steel Hardware Plates that are stuck to the window with 3M double sided tape (The best in the industry.) The Louver is removable for easy cleaning. However, the plates will remain on the glass at all the time. Overall the installation is very simple and our experience making louvers for more than 33 years demonstrates our commitment to the product and quality.

Regarding to the Side Window Louvers: The louvers are made of ABS plastic and they are installed with 3M double sided tape and it can be painted (We have our own painting facility) or we can send the part "Raw" with a ready to paint surface. I have two versions of the Side Window Louvers one is a Large Slots and a Small Slots.

*The concern about the blind spot is a valid one. However, if you already own a Challenger, you will notice that the OEM Side Window Louver does not give you extra visibility and therefore, our part is just utilizing a portion of the car that currently is not very functional. Nevertheless, I could make a report to production showing your concerns.

Moreover, the Tail Light is a three piece unit and it is made of ABS plastic. Once again, it can be painted or sent "raw" and you will use 3M double side tape and it fits right in to the current OEM Tail Light. This makes the part very easy to install.

*The part shown on the flyer was made for the SEMA show and it is an after market part. We are currently making another part that will have the same design as the one that you see on the flyer, however, the center will be cut off so the Reverse Light will be functional.

I thank you so much for your feedback since I find it extremely important to know what real Challenger enthusiast think.

P.S. I am trying to become a vendor but I contacted the "Contact Us" link and the form was returned to me. Does anyone know how to contact the moderator?

Cheers,

Sergio Castellanos
1 888 WILLPAK

Paladin06 11-19-2008 05:18 PM

Just looking guys, NOT buying.

MikeSRT8 11-19-2008 06:41 PM

I saw these products at the SEMA show. I was not impressed with the quality of the products. The rear window louvers didn't look like they fit very good and don't look like the 70 factory ones. You need to see larger pic's, these are to small to see the details. Just my opinion...

Willpak 11-20-2008 11:23 AM

Hello,

Thank you very much for your comments and remarks.

I have tried to publish bigger and higher resolution pictures but the page won't allow me.

The products that you saw at the SEMA show were our initial prototypes; I tried to make people aware of this as soon as they came close to our booth. Unfortunately, I did not have the chance to talk to you in person to explain this. However, I can assure you that the production parts will satisfy your expectations.

Regarding to our quality; we have been doing this for 33 years and so far so good. Nevertheless, I thank you for your comments and observations.

Sincerely,

Sergio Castellanos