Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/appearance-13/)
-   -   Horseshoe up there (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/appearance-13/horseshoe-up-there-6256/)

canadiancanuck 03-14-2009 08:38 PM

Horseshoe up my rear

SO I stopped by my neighbors place on my way out this afternoon and he had his SRT8 Chally on the drive, (Black SRT8 - 20" MSR Black rims and a SC engine) so we get to chattin and he's looking at my car and says, you know what you need... a dual exhaust. I said I had been looking around for one and am waiting in a local alberta guy to complete his side exhaust and I was buying his complete kit w/ tips for $100 in exchange for my single exhaust valance. He looks at me and says if you can get these out of my garage right now you can have them.

He opens his garage door and points to his SRT8 exhaust and his 20" Aluminum wheels, I smiled and asked how much, he says this will save room in my garage and a trip to the metal dump for the exhaust.... I panicked and said, wait 30secs, ran the half block to grab the minvan and raced back to load. I couldn't beleive it. I did feel extremely odd and did offer $100 for each rim as these are BRAND NEW - only 80kms on them, from the dealer to home to the tire shop, these sell for like $975 a wheel I think,

so now I'm installin the exhaust tomorrow and getting rubber mounted Monday for new summer wheels I was on cloud 9 all day.

KyChallengerR/T6spd 03-15-2009 03:02 AM

What a lucky day for you

Originally Posted by canadiancanuck (Post 69009)
SO I stopped by my neighbors place on my way out this afternoon and he had his SRT8 Chally on the drive, (Black SRT8 - 20" MSR Black rims and a SC engine) so we get to chattin and he's looking at my car and says, you know what you need... a dual exhaust. I said I had been looking around for one and am waiting in a local alberta guy to complete his side exhaust and I was buying his complete kit w/ tips for $100 in exchange for my single exhaust valance. He looks at me and says if you can get these out of my garage right now you can have them.

He opens his garage door and points to his SRT8 exhaust and his 20" Aluminum wheels, I smiled and asked how much, he says this save room in my garage and a trip to the metal dump for the exhaust.... I panicked and said, wait 30secs, ran the half block to grab the minvan and raced back to load. I couldn't beleive it. I did feel extremely odd and did offer $100 for each rim as these are BRAND NEW - only 80kms on them, from the dealer to home to the tire shop, these sell for like $975 a wheel I think,

so now I'm installin the exhaust tomorrow and getting rubber mounted Monday for new summer wheels I was on cloud 9 all day.

If I had a day like that it would have to be a dream .

jh27n0b 03-15-2009 03:53 AM

Wow, A great score. Keep us updated on the install with some pics too.
Bob

canadiancanuck 03-15-2009 05:48 AM

well the best part I'll have 2 complete exhausts and new 20's to boot. There is another SE in the area, so I'll most likely just pay it forward and see if the guy wants the other exhaust.

I am excited to get the 20's mounted.

BLK 6050 03-18-2009 02:24 PM

OK, we all hate you now because of your luck! Just kidding, what a great deal.....post pictures when you can....